GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScabHunter v Crapbot Farcical

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
    Could or does?
    Does
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower

'talents' largely developed within the F $ector...

^^^^^Off to work on CV mass mailing - sending to all retail banks and DCAs in the UK

This is a good plan FP. You could become a double agent for AAD Cut & paste and photoshop all the wrong info onto the recon CCAs which would kill court cases stone dead
      Last edited by PlanB; 23 June 2012, 09:50.

Comment

Update -

Having sent letter to Hilarity (amalgamation of Account Sold in Dispute and Threat of Doorstep Visit), they have placed the alleged account “on hold” while they go back to Crapbot.

This is the first letter I have received from Hilarity which is actually a genuine written communication and not a moronic template. They did, however, manage to send it to the wrong address despite having sent all of the templates to the right one.

I do hope they are not going to cancel the doorstep visit. The neighbours have dumped a black bag of rubbish in my garden, so I was going to tell the visitor that I had hidden a grand in cash in there, and that if they took it away with them I'd sort the rest out later.

Anything which wastes time is good, although Crapbot still have six months in which to litigate before it goes SB. I am seriously considering trying to get the Fobbing Off Service to look at this case. They won't get involved with unenforceability, but there are plenty of other issues with this which they might be prepared to look at. If I could get them to look at it, it would be a “double whammy”, as it would relieve Crapbot of £500, and by the time they had finished fobbing me off the limitation clock would have expired. It has to be worth a punt as the reward is high and the risk relatively low.

There is, of course, a risk in that I can't now take the case to the FOS without going back to Crapbot first, as the last internal complaints were submitted in 2009. If I submit a complaint to Crapbot, they could hit back with an immediate N1 so I'd need to be prepared.

If anyone has any insider knowledge of the FOS and the criteria they are looking for to consider a complaint, I would obviously appreciate their input.

SH

Comment

For the sake of clarity (OH GROOOOAAAANNNNN – what an awful pun!) I'm going to put this alleged debt into the prescribed form so it can be more easily followed –
          • Type of account – Credit Card (Al Capone)
          • Date commenced – 2003
          • Approx balance – Between 1 and 2 Gs
          • Date last paid – November 2006 (The English border does start at Milton Keynes, doesn't it? Och Aye!)
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying – Are you taking the wee, John? Not paying, of course!
          • Status – Defaulted (most incompetently and erroneously) and sold to Crapbot
          • Account owner – Crapbot Farcical, now getting clownograms from Hilarity

SH

Comment

Here is a colour coded diary, starting from the time I joined AAD. There is no need to go any further back as nothing significant happened since 2009.

Colour code -
            RED – Received
            BLUE – Sent
            GREEN – Outcomes

10/4/12 – Threat of doorstep visit received from FIRE (Facetious Irrelevant Rubbish Emitted), who are part of Crapbot even though they imply otherwise
            No response sent.
            Threat turned out to be a lie – no doorstep visit
            26/5/12 – Notice Of Assignment received from Crapbot, with initial letter from Hilarity already offering derisory “settlement” (The figure offered did not even take off all of the bogus charges and interest which Crapbot had added, and was higher than the alleged default figure)
            8/6/12 – Initial letter from Hilarity threatening court or doorstep visits (but not actually asking me to give them money!)
            19/6/12 – Second Hilarity clownogram, this time threatening only doorstep “action”.
            22/6/12 – Amalgamation of Account Sold in Dispute and Threat of Doorstep Visit letters sent
            30/6/12 – Letter received putting alleged account on hold while they contact Crapbot

SH

Comment

When it comes to the FOS, Niddy is your man!
              Ah, I think I've heard of him from somewhere.....

He is already subscribed to this thread, so I'll leave it to him to add anything which might help. I'll basically follow the Fobbing Off Service guidelines, but make sure that I only mention unenforceability in passing, as that might just persuade them to throw it out before reading it properly .

SH

Comment

It has been nearly three months since I've posted on this site – sorry to be away for so long.

Update – One letter was enough to see off Hilarity. They are obviously easy to get rid of as long as you've got a genuine reason for disputing the alleged debt, and they may well be easy to get rid of even if you haven't. If I had to blag it, I would definitely do so with them.

Crapbot, in their infinite stupidity, have now decided to pass this turkey on to Robbingscum NoWay, who are a known quantity from my old days on the CAG. I don't think I need to quake with fear too intensely, but this has only got three months to go to the SB date so caution is in order.

I have attached the welcome love letter, along with a forged letter of assignment from Crapbot. Every genuine Crapbot letter I have ever seen has had a yellow heading and a different font from this one. Also, all Crapbot letters give the date in the format “1st January 2000” and not “01/01/2000”. It is a blatant forgery, but if the regulators don't care, why should they? Ah, well, maybe some people think that the attachments I've posted here have been altered slightly, who knows?

Note to mods – please don't remove the attachments because I've left my personal information on them. That is still not my real name and address, although I've moved to Europe now to make it seem more realistic.

SH
                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome back SH ........good to see you.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    Welcome back SH ........good to see you.
                    Nice to see you back, Scabby!
                    Thanks very much!

It was never my intention to be away for so long, but I've had my busiest ever time for work and I've needed literally every second of my time just to keep up with it. That has its good side, of course. Three and a half years ago it looked like I was finished – I literally had a single figure sum in the bank and no work on the horizon. It has taken a lot of 16 hour days, but I've now pulled clear of trouble and the last two months have been my best ever financially. If I can just see off this wretched alleged debt (SB at Christmas), I'll be in a position to give Niddy and his helpers a well deserved donation.

My best client is currently on vacation (as they call it over there), so I've got a bit of breathing space. I'll try to catch up on the threads I was following before and try to get back in the swing. As someone who has very nearly seen the UE strategy successfully to its conclusion, I feel I must have something to offer to those just starting out, even if it is only moral support and proof that it can be done. I've been lucky, of course, but I've also learned a lot about how the system works in the last four years.

I've also revealed my birth date to the forum – just in time for Tuesday! If I'm lucky enough to get one of those extremely fattening virtual cakes, I'll try to reply to the thread at some time during the day. I usually go to the seaside on my birthday, but this year there is Mozart at Wigmore Hall so I'll be in London instead. I'll have the laptop with me. If the trains run on time, I'll be home just before midnight.

Apologies for the off topic post, but Mozart is slightly more interesting than Crapbot Farcical. I'm sure there'll be another more regular post coming before too long.

SH

Comment

This one is now in a delicate situation, and there has been a further development.

I will sum it up here for ease of understanding -

Account holder – Crapbot Farcical

Equitable assignee – Robbingscum NoWay

Status – Less than six weeks to statute barring date

UE? - Yes. Also with PPI which was added without consent and a botched default

I received a forged Notice of Assignment from Robbingscum NoWay dated 18th September. Since then, no letters. Nothing. Then, on 13th November, a cretin pollutes my doorstep with a completely unannounced doorstep visit! What is even more extraordinary is that the cretin concerned didn't even bother to knock on my door. I was at home all day, and was listening out for the door because I was expecting deliveries. I woke up on the morning of 14th November, looked down the stairs, and saw this piece of card sticking out of the door. When I pulled it out expecting it to be another stupid takeaway menu, it was from Robbingscum NoWay And Obviously No Bloody Brains Either!

Now, in over four years of posting on debt forums, I have never come across a single incident of a would-be debt collector making a doorstep pollution without even sending one letter beforehand. Obviously, this is a blatant violation of the OFT Guidance which states -

3.13 Examples of unfair or improper practices are:

f.

visiting or 'threatening' to visit a debtor, without his prior
                      agreement, when the debt is deadlocked or reasonably queried
                      or disputed

g.

not giving adequate notice to the debtor of the time and date of
                      a visit

The big question is, of course, how the hell do you handle a situation like this? Firing off complaints may seem the obvious course of action, but if that leads to the so-called account being passed back to Crapbot, who then issue court papers in the last month of the alleged debt's life, it will be a spectacular own goal.

The primary objective is to shepherd this through another five and a half weeks to the statute barring date. Anything else is a secondary objective at best.

Does anyone have any experience of a situation such as this, or any advice as to how to handle it? All input is welcome.

SH

Comment

Well personaly, delay a response as much as possible.

Complain about it, but leave it a week, they will no doubt take a few weeks to respond, and likely will either say they are investigating, or will reply with some junk, you can then delay a bit more before another response.

Thats what id do.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

on the other hand, it was unannounced and he didn't appear to knock or ring?

so was he

a) chancing his arm?
                          b) an absolute amateur?
                          c) someone who couldn't actually be bothered, knew the job was shyte and was just posting things through doors because that was much easier than actually confronting great big Scabhunters?

so an option might be just to sit tight and see if they'll do anything else, because this guy doesn't really know you are there

Comment

If it were me I would sit tight..............5 weeks to go

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              Well personaly, delay a response as much as possible.
                              Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              an option might be just to sit tight and see if they'll do anything else
                              Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              If it were me I would sit tight..............5 weeks to go
                              Yes, that is what I was thinking too. It is not as though you can actually gain anything from complaining, and in any case there is no law which says you can't complain after the SB date has passed and the enemy's teeth have largely expired.

Even when you are thinking on the right lines, it is still reassuring to have the opinions of those who are detached from the situation. It is always easier to see the solutions to everyone else's problems than it is your own.

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                              confronting great big Scabhunters?
                              I'm not actually that big, Mrs. D., only a "wee" (as you would call it) 5' 7". But, then, I suppose he didn't know that, did he?

Thanks, again. It is good to be an AAD member!

SH

Comment

Update -

This is the date when this alleged debt reaches its statute barring status. The game should therefore be over.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X