GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Message In A Bottle (MIAB) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message In A Bottle (MIAB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message In A Bottle (MIAB)

This is something that the elderly or anyone that has a long term medical condition should have.

This is a very good scheme that was devised by a policeman the plastic bottles are widely available however it is not advertised enough and many people are not aware of it.

I found out watching a programme on TV called real rescues.

Quite simply if you have periods where you are alone this is a god send

This bottle has a green cross on it and it contains two stickers one for the fridge as that is where you store it and one for your front door by the lock so that the emergency services can see it outside as that will make them aware that you could be alone so they can get access and go straight to the fridge

The other is a form this will list your GP, all your medications and a brief description of your medical conditions so they know the score if you have had a fall etc and are unconscious.

As we have a few veterans on this site I thought I would advertise this good free service again as the more that know the better and those that do know please spread the word.

More info here:

http://www.lions105d.org.uk/miab/

http://www.lions.org.uk/health/miab/index.php

http://www.lionsmd105.org/Community/...Launch+of+MIAB

Regards
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 August 2011, 21:53.

Re: Message In A Bottle (MIAB)

Picked one up a while ago now from my local rowlands pharmacy...not had the need to use it YET but a superb idea.

Comment

Just so you know what goes on the form:
      Attached Files

Comment

Philnicandamy,

Indeed such a simple idea but does and has saved lives.

Comment

Great idea PF - simple, cheap and practical -
          and life saving
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5corpio,

Thanks, I realise it is not debt related, however any opportunity we have to post on things like this I believe we should as it is just as important to those that need it.

Regards

Comment

What a good idea!

Unlike those SOS identity and medical information bracelets and pendants, it's much less expensive and it also gives the elderly somewhere to pee if they're "taken short".
              Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 August 2011, 16:56.

Comment

Hi PF,

I can vouch for this idea. It is brilliant. On two occasions it helped my mother when she got into her nineties. We had one of those Age Concern alarms installed with the pendant around her neck plus this bottle in the fridge. She had to use the alarm twice in the middle of the night after falls. Keyholder was called, paramedics went straight to the fridge and were able to get this precis of her medications and condition, enabling them to give her much better treatment on the spot before the doctor arrived.

Yes its very worthwhile.

regards
                Garlok

Comment

Indeed m8 we have two bottles in the fridge one for myself and one for our 81 yr old mum.

Not had to use them yet though but as you have found out you never know so best to be cautious.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X