GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script probable repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

probable repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probable repossession

Hi conf,

Just catching up having been away for the weekend working another exhibition in Oxford. Sorry it had not registered with me just how close geographically you are to us (hangs head!) Is it essential that you remain in the immediate locality of where you are now?

If not then giving Clwyd Allan Housing association a call might be of use to you. They actually advertise in the prisons in Liverpool and Manchester offereing cheap or free housing in North East Wales on release. I also have access to a policy document thrashed out with Liverpool Council and the North Wales authorities which is attempting to justify some unwanted development. This is essentially a comprehensive policy document to provide quality rental housing on a large scale to overspill requirments from the City of Liverpool. NW authorities include Flintshire, Denbighshire, and Conwy. Gwynnedd is a bit too far West I would have thought.

I have been and am involved in a minor way in the campaign to prevent the develpments going ahead on such a large scale and when I got up to say my piece at a public meeting i was informed by the council officer concerned that Denbighshire could currently house the homeless in 24 hours on the record. That means that there is spare housing stock which under the policy document could apply to Liverpool's citizens.

Few thoughts for you.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

thanks Garlock...just eating my tea then i'll update properly xxx

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
        thanks Garlock...just eating my tea then i'll update properly xxx
        It's dinner NOT tea.... Good job Loo Loo 's not about
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Actually, this time of night, it's supper !
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            It's dinner NOT tea.... Good job Loo Loo 's not about

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post

cheeky monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
              At this time of night in my home it's not tea, supper or dinner, it's a take-away

Comment

It's beyond tea and g & t time!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good luck with all this.

Hope 2012 turns out better for you....
                  -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread with helpful information and kind words. I thought i should update with what has happened.....

As i mentioned earlier, we were thinking of moving in with family, we have decided to go ahead with this. We really want to save some money and be in a position one day where we can get enough of a deposit together to buy a house. While we're renting we can't add to our savings, so this is the plan!

We are absolutely sick to the back teeth of being at the mercy of terrible landlords, i don't think i could stomach another one!

With regard to the repossession, we decided that as we can move in with family pretty much straight away then we didn't want to get involved with the repossession hearing. I suffer with anxiety, and for those few days where i thought we'd have to speak to the mortgage company and go to court i felt incredibly unwell. We just didn't need the upset.

I think if we were having to find somewhere to live in the rental market, then going to court and getting extra time to move would have been beneficial. However, for us it would have caused unneccessary upset.

Anyway, we have been given 28 days to vacate...we're planning on moving well before then so it's no longer an issue.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute to this thread, hopefully it will be of some use to someone in future if need be.
                    x
                    Last edited by confused76; 10 January 2012, 18:49.

Comment

Look after yourself conf..... Best of luck

Comment

Look after yourself conf..... Best of luck
                        thank you

Comment

Hi Confused

The worst thing you could have done was make no decision at all and let events overwhelm you.

You've taken positive action, and made a strong decision thats best for you and your family which is going to be great for you.

Best of luck.........
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                            Hi Confused

The worst thing you could have done was make no decision at all and let events overwhelm you.

You've taken positive action, and made a strong decision thats best for you and your family which is going to be great for you.

Best of luck.........
                            ahh thanks SnV.....yes, we've managed to turn it into a positive step
                            thanks for your kind words

i'd best get packing x

Comment

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
                              ahh thanks SnV.....yes, we've managed to turn it into a positive step
                              thanks for your kind words

i'd best get packing x
                              Loo Loo will give you a hand..........

Comment

Loo Loo will give you a hand..........
                                i hope so!!!!!!!

i've already bagged 3 binbags of clothes for the charity shop...i'm being ruthless!

Comment

Working...
                                X