GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script probable repossession - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

probable repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: probable repossession

Originally posted by confused76 View Post
    I'll try!

No we haven't, think it would take years to get a place round here, especially as we haven't got kids, but I will find out x
    If you get served with an eviction notice following the LL's repossession that normally puts you straight to the top of the queue for re-housing Once you get the letter from the court bailiff take it to your nearest Council Housing Office and register on the list. Even if you change your mind later it's good to get on the list. If you have health issues you may be considered to be vulnerable and then you'll go even further up the list If you leave voluntarily before the letter arrives the council will class you as "intentionally homeless" and won't help you. It's a daft bit of legislation but it's worth working with rather than against it. The bottom line is you need to be made homeless by someone else instead of making yourself homeless by moving out. Local authorities have a legal duty to people in your situation. I don't know which part of the country you live in but it's got to be a shorter queue than in London. Good Luck

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks planb... We live in Liverpool (outskirts rather than city centre).

Even though we've got the contingency plan of mr c's mum's house I'm still full of anxiety! Can't wait for this to be over x

Comment

very very quick question if anyone is about...if the flat is being repossessed, at what point does the flat become the property of the bank? Say, for example, if you have 28 days to vacate? after those 28 days or the date of the repo hearing?

i'll update later...

Comment

very very quick question if anyone is about...if the flat is being repossessed, at what point does the flat become the property of the bank? Say, for example, if you have 28 days to vacate? after those 28 days or the date of the repo hearing?

i'll update later...
          As I understand it the Possession Order will state the exact date that the court has granted the lender possession. That order won't stipulate what date you (as tenants or occupiers) have to vacate. It simply means that the flat is owned by the lender not your LL from that date. If the lender then wants vacant possession (i.e. to get shot of you lovely people) it then has to apply to the court for a warrant to get you out. In London and other big cities this usually takes another 6 - 8 weeks. Once the warrant has been issued and served on you in a lawful manner only bailiffs can remove you and they have to send you a letter giving you notice of the time and date of their visit (usually about 5 days in advance). I think your solicitor has already advised you that the lender does not have to honour your current tenancy agreement since your naughty LL didn't have permission to let the flat. But it's still worth a try to see if they are happy for you to stay if you pay rent I certainly hope you're not going to pay another bean to your rogue LL

Good luck with your job interview tomorrow I've been eavesdropping in The Bankruptcy Arms this weekend . . .
          Last edited by PlanB; 9 January 2012, 12:36. Reason: added something important

Comment

great thanks Planb, i'll be back in a bit to update...and thanks for the best wishes tomorrow! please feel free to join in in the inn it's not exclusive! x

Comment

great thanks Planb, i'll be back in a bit to update...and thanks for the best wishes tomorrow! please feel free to join in in the inn it's not exclusive! x
              Thanks for the invite. I finish work around 7 pm today and mine's a large G & T with ice but no lemon

Comment

and thanks for the best wishes tomorrow!
                I remember Mrs Niddy posted a really useful guide to job interview success recently so maybe one of the mods can send you the link

I can't do this because I can't find her in the website community members list so I hope she hasn't been banned by Niddy
                Last edited by PlanB; 9 January 2012, 16:48.

Comment

you will be great tomorrow Conf, feel it in my water.............

Comment

This is the link, Plan B is talking about
                    http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ead.php?t=2903

Mrs Niddy is now known as Poppy
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      I remember Mrs Niddy posted a really useful guide to job interview success recently so maybe one of the mods can send you the link

I can't do this because I can't find her in the website community members list so I hope she hasn't been banned by Niddy
                      thanks PlanB, i did read it at the time but i think i'll go back over it!

here it is, found it:

Interview Techniques - allaboutFORUMS

edit - thanks Diddles, i found it, cross post!
                      Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                      you will be great tomorrow Conf, feel it in my water.............
                      thanks Mrs D...i hope so! could really do with this job!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post

Mrs Niddy is now known as Poppy
                        To disassociate herself from Niddy ?

Comment

To disassociate herself from Niddy ?
                          Now why on earth would she want to do that?

It's because she is always high on poppy seeds I suppose.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oooops I didn't know you were following this thread

Comment

Oooops I didn't know you were following this thread
                              I follow all threads
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There is no escaping the niddy one

Comment

Working...
                                X