GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

Did I hear size 41 or 42
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by milliesmadmoth View Post
      PlanB....

You are not going anywhere too soon, AAD needs you...
      Well since you put it like that please email your testimonial to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

or post me a bottle of Jack Daniels whichever you prefer

If any of you are wondering why Millie and I are in a good mood it's because we've sourced a Scottish solicitor who may be able to help with all her legal problems on a No Win No Fee basis

Comment

That is brilliant news; the differences between the Scottish and English legal systems are quite daunting.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Fantastic good luck xxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Did I hear size 41 or 42

You did Cym..... If you have a wedding or any special occasion I could lend you a pair!

Comment

Leave me out then ...huh...

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                Leave me out then ...huh...

Nanna if the shoe fits you too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Ah bless trouble is folk call me Dick Emery ..in heels .

Comment

Shelter Scotland Day 2...

Told to cancel my rent standing order which is due 30th March.
                    When the letting agent contacts me I have to tell them that Shelter Scotland have given me this advice.
                    My rent standing order is due to be paid tomorrow and it's cancelled, I will keep you updated on what the letting agent says when they call!

Comment

My rent standing order is due to be paid tomorrow and it's cancelled, I will keep you updated on what the letting agent says when they call!
                      When/if the letting agent calls tell him politely to put whatever it is he was planning to say in writing.

There will be no conversation

The paper trail starts here and now

Plan B x

Comment

I saw this and immediately thought of you

A new website launched today where Tenants can publically rate their Landlord I wonder how long it will be before one of mine rubbishes me on there. I'll be sending them all Easter Eggs as a marketing strategy aka a bribe.

Anyway Millie, I think you should post a comment or two about your rogue Landlord (stay clear of libel though!).

http://asktenants.co.uk/about-us/

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          I saw this and immediately thought of you

A new website launched today where Tenants can publically rate their Landlord I wonder how long it will be before one of mine rubbishes me on there. I'll be sending them all Easter Eggs as a marketing strategy aka a bribe.

Anyway Millie, I think you should post a comment or two about your rogue Landlord (stay clear of libel though!).

http://asktenants.co.uk/about-us/
                          Thanks for that PlanB will run it past you first as libel is last thing I need lol

Comment

Hi PlanB and all the other AAD Team...

Hope you had a lovely Easter and did not indulge in too much chocolate!

I received the attached email from the letting agent today

Dear Milliesmadmoth

We do not appear to have received your rental payment this month. We would therefore be obliged of you would contact our office in order to advise when payment will be made.

Your very trusting Letting Agent..... Lol just made that bit up...

Comment

I would think that you would just quote what shelter told you, but wait for Planb to reply.

Comment

email from the letting agent today

. . . . "We would therefore be obliged of you would contact our office in order to advise when payment will be made.".
                                The truthful answer to his idiotic question would be "never".

Or you could share your anger with him and answer "when hell freezes over".

Or you could say "I would be obliged if you would contact me to advise when payment will be made for the cost of carpet, painting, blinds and linoleum which I forked out in order to make this shit-hole habitable". You need to quantify that soon so I can help you recover that money so maybe best to wait until we've done that before you make your demands.

However if your rent for this month is £650, and that is enough to cover the financial outlay for tarting up the property, then this month you'll break even by not paying any rent. After that will be the cost of moving (when you do) to be recovered and a bit more for the stress and inconvenience.

The tone of the email is hardly threatening or assertive so maybe give him the silent treatment until he says something more substantial.

If Shelter is correct in saying that the property is now owned by the lender not the Landlord then there isn't any rent due to her or her agent.

He's just miffed because he won't get his monthly commission for managing the property.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X