GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Landlord not paying mortgage on property I am renting

Millie was unable to halt the Landlord's repossession (she had three other properties with mortgage arrears in court today) because it wasn't her own legal proceedings to defend.

So now she's asking the solicitors where she stands. How long can she stay etc.

Perhaps the Lender would be more amenable to negotiation

The uncertainty must be very stressful, but one thing is certain and that's she won't be paying any more rent to the rotten Landlady.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      What are heart-melting letter

Millie's emailed to say the court confirmed her letter will definitely be passed to the court dealing with the case today. Let's hope the Sheriff (Judge) is a woman and a mother.

MMM don't worry if the property is repossessed today because you've given it your best shot and there's always a Plan B Everything happens for a reason.

Living in a cardboard box with a bottle of fine wine

Well all I spoke to the court this afternoon and decree was granted so no doubt the solicitor acting on behalf of the lender will be serving my 2 months eviction notice...

Mrs Landlord obviously has no conscious as she had 4 properties taken from her today in court.

How can these kind of people sleep at night God only knows.

Never mind I have decorated all her flat ready to put on the market!
      Last edited by milliesmadmoth; 22 April 2015, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post

OI YOU .....think you now owe us all a pair of very expensive shoes

I am with you on this Nanna

Comment

Originally posted by milliesmadmoth View Post
          I spoke to the court this afternoon and decree was granted so no doubt the solicitor acting on behalf of the lender will be serving my 2 months eviction notice...
          Email the case worker at Shelter to discover whether the Lender has to honour your tenancy agreement until 30th October.

Plan B x

Comment

Well all I spoke to the court this afternoon and decree was granted so no doubt the solicitor acting on behalf of the lender will be serving my 2 months eviction notice...

Mrs Landlord obviously has no conscious as she had 4 properties taken from her today in court.

Hi Shelter Scotland

I spoke to the court today and decree has been granted so no doubt Lenders Solicitor will be serving me with a 2 month eviction notice.

The Landlord had 4 properties taken from her in court today!

I guess in the meantime I won't be paying any rent to anyone as I have fully decorated the flat to allow her to sell on the open market.

Let me know your thoughts.

MilliesMadMother

- - - Updated - - -

Email the case worker at Shelter to discover whether the Lender has to honour your tenancy agreement until 30th October.

Plan B x
            I previously asked him this and they don't

Comment

What a sodding shambles .Really disgusted at how you have been treated Millie, my heart goes out to you.Surely someone has to find you a decent place to live ,convenient for you and you son .xxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am sorry how this is turning out. Have you got in touch with the letting agent as he seemed to offer you help earlier.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no doubt Lenders Solicitor will be serving me with a 2 month eviction notice.

. . . . I previously asked him this and they don't
                  Okay so let's ask somebody else what to do next. I never give up.

Tomorrow I will email you the name and contact details of the Mortgage Trust's Customer Service Manager. This guy is a top bloke who helped me (as a Landlady) when the sh*t hit the fan in 2010 because my Tenant stopped paying rent and my property was on the brink of being repossessed. Thanks to him I still own that property *phew*.

As of today your rogue Landlady no longer owns the roof over your head. Yay! That is now owned by the Mortgage Trust. Time to talk to the horse's mouth.

Tonight lick your wounds and drown your sorrows (do you really like linoleum that much?).

Tomorrow we'll get to work on Plan B. I'll maybe join you in a drink this evening too

Plan B x

Comment

Tonight lick your wounds and drown your sorrows (do you really like linoleum that much?).

Plan B x
                    I was too busy killing all the dandelions in Mrs Landlords garden tonight, more stuff I had bought to make the factored garden area look nice...

I must be off my head....

Comment

Okay so let's ask somebody else what to do next. I never give up.

Tomorrow I will email you the name and contact details of the Mortgage Trust's Customer Service Manager. This guy is a top bloke who helped me (as a Landlady) when the sh*t hit the fan in 2010 because my Tenant stopped paying rent and my property was on the brink of being repossessed. Thanks to him I still own that property *phew*.

As of today your rogue Landlady no longer owns the roof over your head. Yay! That is now owned by the Mortgage Trust. Time to talk to the horse's mouth.

Plan B x
                      This sounds like a good plan.

I hope Mrs ExLandlord doesn't sleep well tonight but guess these kinda folk don't really care.

Do you think I should be done paying the rent for now?

Comment

Hi Shelter Scotland

I spoke to the court today and decree has been granted so no doubt Lenders Solicitor will be serving me with a 2 month eviction notice.

The Landlord had 4 properties taken from her in court today!

I guess in the meantime I won't be paying any rent to anyone as I have fully decorated the flat to allow her to sell on the open market.

Let me know your thoughts.

MilliesMadMother

No word back from Case Worker, Shelter Scotland today he must be on holiday as he has been really good at getting back to me quickly.

If I don't hear by Monday morning then I will give him a call

Comment

No word back from Case Worker, Shelter Scotland today he must be on holiday as he has been really good at getting back to me quickly.

If I don't hear by Monday morning then I will give him a call

Hi MilliesMadMother,

You have already notified the lender’s solicitor of your position (and willingness to pay rent if your tenancy is binding or enter into discussion about purchase) so I think you are right to await their response.

Withholding rent is obviously an option at this stage and it’s up to you if you want to do that.

I always urge caution in these situations and would still advise you to ‘assume the worst’ i.e. that you will not be able to stay long term and the lender may seek to void your tenancy agreement sooner rather than later.

Let’s just see what they do.

Regards,

Case Worker, Shelter Scotland

Comment

This happened to us too and now the landlords are saying they want to sell up... 6 years of living here and now I'm in a stressy mess trying to find a new home lol.... hope yours was sorted out in the end!

Comment

Daughter in the same situation

Comment

Good Morning MilliesMadMother,

RE: UNPAID RENT - House on the Hill

We write with regard to the rent which remains outstanding in respect of the above mentioned property.
                                Clarification in writing has now been received from Lenders Solicitor that rental income due should continue to be paid to the borrower and not to the lender. Once the paperwork for the decree is processed and assuming it is granted/has been granted Lenders Solicitor will issue you with a formal Notice to Quit which will officially give you a further two months in the property.
                                As things stand at the moment it is more than probable that you will still be in the property until at least early July.

I trust this clarifies the situation further and now look forward to receiving your April rental of £450.

Big Boss - Letting Agent

Comment

Working...
                                X