GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    Great thread.

I have just chopped up 2 credit cards: Barclaycard and Marbles.
    I don't have the heart to cut mine up!!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Do it! Don't be a slave to the system!

Comment

TDS,

Well done m8 that is the first and a major step on the path to being debt free.

Regards

Comment

Yes. These 2 credit cards have been unlocked for me recently and I no longer feel or gain any benefit from using them. I see them as sources of pain and suffering - the same that got me into this shit in the first place. So both are now cut up and in the bin (separate bins naturally, for i.d. protection purposes )

Comment

I chopped mine up and scattered the bits in with the bark chippings on my rose beds lol

2 years later those roses have not bloomed lol

Not sure if its because I never cut them back last year or that they have got toxic poisoning lol
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 4 July 2011, 09:06.

Comment

Great thread.

I have just chopped up 2 credit cards: Barclaycard and Marbles.
              I don't think chopping any of mine would help - can't use any of them anyway!
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Yes. These 2 credit cards have been unlocked for me recently and I no longer feel or gain any benefit from using them. I see them as sources of pain and suffering - the same that got me into this shit in the first place. So both are now cut up and in the bin (separate bins naturally, for i.d. protection purposes )
                Well congrats on the unlocking, and for the cutting up.
                Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Whats a Credit Card! nowadays!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                    Whats a Credit Card! nowadays!
                    Actually Don't anwer that question
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Religion can't help people in debt - even Dot Cotton agrees with that one - as she told "heva".....
                      It can if they nick the collection plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
                        Sorry about the 'lost in translation' bit...Christians do however help folk out of debt - there's a free DMP that even ML recognises called Christians Against Poverty. Not my thing personally (on the basis it's a DMP) but still good none the less...

SC
                        Hi SC, With regards to Christians Against Poverty I looked into this. Interestingly they openly encourage you to join even if you have no belief - they mention this very early in their spiel. They also charge £750 per year to join for the first year, then I think it's £250 thereafter. You are responsible for a whole load of other things they insist on as well.

They, like the Church itself, is a business. The Church employs some of the most ruthless businessmen which has always seemed a little hypocritical to me. Not a criticism, just an observation from one who has grown up with it and lived in Church owned houses till I was 18. The Church can be VERY ruthless indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                          Hi SC, With regards to Christians Against Poverty I looked into this. Interestingly they openly encourage you to join even if you have no belief - they mention this very early in their spiel. They also charge £750 per year to join for the first year, then I think it's £250 thereafter. You are responsible for a whole load of other things they insist on as well.

They, like the Church itself, is a business. The Church employs some of the most ruthless businessmen which has always seemed a little hypocritical to me. Not a criticism, just an observation from one who has grown up with it and lived in Church owned houses till I was 18. The Church can be VERY ruthless indeed.
                          How can they be ruthless?
                          They have a whole book of Ruth!

(7:14 am - In my defense, I was very tired last night, your Honour!)
                          Last edited by charitynjw; 5 July 2011, 06:15.

Comment

We are not on our own in getting rid of cards. We had the dreaded "merchant services" in our little business until 2 years ago. Got rid of it all and in all that time we have only been asked to take a card 5 times now.

That says it all.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              SC

b) I am not stupid; I was making a facetious remark after "telling" you to tone down the religion - I think maybe you got confused in my wit ergo assumed, incorrectly, that I was a dip-shit and thought dot cotton was real and lived in walford

Regards

Niddy

Dot Cotton not real? On no Niddy - next you'll be telling us Father Christmas doesn't exist and all those presents under the tree were bought on credit cards not made by his Elves.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                                I don't have the heart to cut mine up!!
                                I didn't need to cut up my cards because my creditors confiscated them all. Spoil sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X