GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Any advice pls - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice pls

We bought a dishwasher the for our DD.Now sil measured but did not allow for water pipes at back of cupboard,so it doesn't fit.They have picked another from same seller( I am waiting for a callback).When I spoke to them earlier I told them I would like an exchange and not a refund.My query is should their 50.00 fee for collection still apply? All I want is for them to collect and deliver at the same time and not make 2 journeys.They charge 50.00 for items under 250.00.The first one was 258.00 and the second one that we want to exchange it for is 222.00.Just want my facts right when they call.thanx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: ANy advise pls

As far as I know. They can charge a fee for collecting it, as its not faulty.

Others may advise different. Or may have a way to get that fee removed. But as far as I know, a refund or exchange allows them to charge a fee, regardless of whether they are picking it up at the same time as leaving another.

Think of it like a sofa company, some companies charge a fee to remove the sofa. You would think why? since they are delivering another sofa at the same time. However, they still charge a fee and can do so.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: ANy advise pls

Cheers I thought so , what I will try is say they keep the difference, still waiting for a call back,, probs ring them soon.xx

Comment

Re: Any advice pls

OK rang again promised another call back and NO!!!Will try one more time in the morning 0844 rather not

Comment

Working...
        X