GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is it right - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it right

In these day of age when profits are high on this list of any business public or private is it right that profits should be made out of the sick, disabled and elderly.

I ask this question since watching Panorama and the goings on at Winterbourne care home.

Yes profit keeps the wheels of industry turning, but surely there are some things that work better in a not for profit organisation.

Just I feel the care of the Elderly, Sick and Disabled must come first before profit.

Is that not too much to ask, surely the taxpayer and our Government can afford that yes there needs to be cuts but the NHS and caring must not be one of them.

Are we really better than the third world sometimes I wonder.

Re: Is it right

Pompey, I just wish I could say that the care home mentioned was not the norm with people with learning difficulties or the elderly. I suspect that unfortunately, this is not the norm and that there are abuses happening every day in various care homes especially amongst the most vulnerable members of our society.
    There is nothing wrong with private run homes except where the failings are overlooked or in the case highlighted ignored and where the regulator themselves appears to turn a blind eye to abuse. I am sure more cases will emerge no matter how many urgent reviews take place.

Comment

Nattie,

Whilst I agree with you I just just feel there are some aspects to living where profit should not be the main.

Whilst those members of what should of been an outstanding care team totally failed in even the basic principals of care those at the top clearly put the profits of the business before there business model namely caring of the less fortunate members of society.

Comment

I have worked in a lot of homes as a chef going around to different places and there is only 3 homes out of the 217 I have visited in the UK where I have seen shady incidents. Not bad results sure it should be zero but still..

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
          I have worked in a lot of homes as a chef going around to different places and there is only 3 homes out of the 217 I have visited in the UK where I have seen shady incidents. Not bad results sure it should be zero but still..
          What about all those cases of food poisoning?.......Oh....

Comment

Must say since carillion took over the kitchens at our hospital it is shit

Comment

Working...
            X