GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Smoke alarm detector problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke alarm detector problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke alarm detector problems

Damn smoke alarms.

Through a warm front just 4 years ago, as I have a disabled son, they installed updated smoke alarms up and downstairs.
    These are the ones that are supposed to be guaranteed for 10 years, and your unable to remove the batteries. (Battery unremoveable)!
    This actual company is no more, so can't contact them.

The smoke detector is bleeping/chirping on the minute, when checking it, I press it and there is life in it, but to me with the bleeping I think it's still on the way out.

I have cover with both Gas/Electric rewiring through Swalec, but I think this excludes smoke detectors.

I had a thought then about the local fire service offer these services to everyone and disabled etc and so on.
    Do you think I can find the direct tel number to call them on?

There is a number I did ring wth the fire services, and its to book a smoke alarm check, but the number was just ringing.
    I do not want to ring 999 on this and block the lines.

Hubby is not here right now he is working 12 hours today, there is just me and my youngest here and I really do not know what to do.

From a worried dizzy

Re: Smoke alarm detector problems

Problem is with smoke alarms they could have been activated and sat on a shelf for a while before they fitted yours

if they're chirping then its a good sigh they'll last a few days wont die yet....

usually its your local fire station you need to contact BUT they can sometimes be out on shouts hence why your not getting much luck

may be a different number here

http://www.fireservice.co.uk/information/ukfrs

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
      Problem is with smoke alarms they could have been activated and sat on a shelf for a while before they fitted yours

if they're chirping then its a good sigh they'll last a few days wont die yet....

usually its your local fire station you need to contact BUT they can sometimes be out on shouts hence why your not getting much luck

may be a different number here

http://www.fireservice.co.uk/information/ukfrs

Thank you for this.

This was the number I have been trying from the above link, and an answer phone comes up and said normal service hours for this dept are Monday To Thurs 8am to think it was 6pm and Friday until 4pm, but for further assistance press 0 which I did but just ringing.
      South Wales Fire & Rescue Service
      Headquarters
      Lanelay Hall
      Pontyclun
      CF72 9XA
      01443 232000

I will keep trying.

Cheers.

Comment

After some hours of the chirping, it's just finally stopped.

(Hubby is working 12 hours today) so it's left to me to deal with lol.
        When pressing to check if it still works, it does and the light continues to flash every few seconds like it normally does.

Sooooooo I am considering getting them changed to be on the safe side, because even though it shows signs of it working, the bleeping's now stopped and yet they show they are still in working order.
        That is not right for that to happen do you think?

Comment

Hmm something not right with sounds of things...I have a couple in my place they're mains powered with batter back-up one did the exact same thing as yours ended up having a new one fitted due to fault..

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
            Hmm something not right with sounds of things...I have a couple in my place they're mains powered with batter back-up one did the exact same thing as yours ended up having a new one fitted due to fault..

Definatey iffy I think.

Gonna send my son to get some temp ones over at Homebase, then ask if the Fire Service to install more in due course.
            I am left with a worry with the one's now to be honest and don't trust them.

Comment

Working...
            X