GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Overdrafts - CCA Information

Nice one :)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think I'm just confusing them :lol
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HFCS are easily confused over LTSB overdrafts :)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nice to know Cym :)

They've been quite persistent blighters though...

Comment

Yes I battled them pre AAD and they seemed to tail off after I defeated them in small claims for a case against my OH.

Comment

Seems like I confused RobWay/Horwich Farrelly enough that they've given up the ghost :lol

I've received a letter which purports to come from LTSB (but I know it's actually from the dca) saying that the bank account has been passed to Mackenzie Hall for collection.

I'll send SH's overdraft version of SWID [url="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=283174&postcount=852"]allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - spent2much UE diary[/url]

Comment

Received a letter purporting to be a statement from LTSB though the address on it is MacKenzie Hall's. I'm not sure how this affects the argument that they aren't sending statements :s Oh well, I haven't got anything so they can't have anything...

Comment

• Re: Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

Afternoon Chaps,

I have a defaulted credit card debt on my file which drops off early Dec 13, I think the date is def date is wrong as it defaulted in Sept 07. Its been passed around the usual mix of DCA's with 1st Credit being the latest one. I have never made any payment or acknowledged it but received a letter from 1st Credit stating ' we are considering issuing a stat demand' do you think this is a threat or real.
                  Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

• Re: Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

[QUOTE=Uncle Fester;347553]Afternoon Chaps,

I have a defaulted credit card debt on my file which drops off early Dec 13, I think the date is def date is wrong as it defaulted in Sept 07. Its been passed around the usual mix of DCA's with 1st Credit being the latest one. I have never made any payment or acknowledged it but received a letter from 1st Credit stating ' we are considering issuing a stat demand' do you think this is a threat or real.
                    Thanks in anticipation.[/QUOTE]

PM me your number. Should be able to sort this :)
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nat West have woken up and realised that I have an outstanding overdraft with them, I quietly haven't paid anything off it for 15 months and today their retail banking section in Bangor have written to me to let me know I went into an unarranged overdraft (3 odd years ago) and they are hitting me with £6 per day charges. It was nice of them to hit me with random charges to put me over my agreed limit so they could then hit me with even bigger charges !

Anyhoo, do I file and wait to see what they send next or do I need to send anything in response ?

Comment

I'd ignore for now. They can't do what they're doing so leave them
                        to it and argue it later I guess.

Its up to you mind you. :)

Comment

hmmmm... what to do, what to do .......open dialogue and start another round of letter ping pong or ignore ? difficult decision for sure.

.......I have pondered and decided to go with the latter choice.

Filed !

Cheers Mang :)

Comment

[QUOTE=Bricktop;347640]hmmmm... what to do, what to do .......open dialogue and start another round of letter ping pong or ignore ? difficult decision for sure.

.......I have pondered and decided to go with the latter choice.

Filed !

Cheers Mang :)[/QUOTE]

I've been playing letter ping-pong about a NatWest overdraft for a couple of years now. I think it's the fourth DCA that's currently having a bash. I decided to give this latest lot a damn good ignoring and all is now quiet.

It doesn't mean I'm not prepared though, as I have ready a suitable response should anything legal-looking thuds onto the doormat. I know what's been advised before about your letter being on top of the pile, but I think in some cases it's best to let it go, so to speak, as it makes the relevant agencies understand how insignificant you feel their hollow threats are.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pixie;347070]Received a letter purporting to be a statement from LTSB though the address on it is MacKenzie Hall's. I'm not sure how this affects the argument that they aren't sending statements :s Oh well, I haven't got anything so they can't have anything...[/QUOTE]

Mackenzie Hall obviously couldn't be bothered with me anymore as I've just had a letter purporting to be from LTSB saying they've transferred the account to (yet another) dca - Westcot. I'll wait for Westcot to get in touch direct.

Comment

I've been contacted by Barclays about a really old overdraft, an account that I haven't used in about 10 years. Would I be right in assuming that I can send the statute barred letter, or is that not applicable in the same way with o/d's?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X