GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Yes, they know but they are still threatening a charging order. I read that it's quite hard to put a charging order on a joint property, though.

Plan B is taking a look for me tomorrow, so hopefully I'll know more.

Comment

Yes, I've read that it is hard to touch jointly-owned assets too, although I am not clear if this is the case if the debt is also jointly-owned.

Comment

[QUOTE=debtguy;561250]Yes, I've read that it is hard to touch jointly-owned assets too, although I am not clear if this is the case if the debt is also jointly-owned.[/QUOTE]

Debt is just mine. They have been threatening me since October last year. It worries me because of the legal crap they put in their letters, but I guess that is how they get people to pay up. They have given me six months to go to the ombudsman, but I'll wait and see what Plan B has to say tomorrow.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLC;561222]Yes, they know but they are still threatening a charging order. I read that it's quite hard to put a charging order on a joint property, though.

Plan B is taking a look for me tomorrow, so hopefully I'll know more.[/QUOTE]

They could only get a Restriction on a non joint CCJ/charging order! i/e/ if property is not in Joint Names.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 April 2016, 05:19.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
            What would be the situation where there was an existing overdraft prior to the new o/d regulations, but after the new regs a different o/d limit was put in place on the o/d, and then new terms. Would it then be subject to the new regs and therefore require an agreement?

Comment

Sorry Alfie I don't know but didnt want to read and run , I'm sure someone will be along soon .xxxx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks nanna58.
                I am thinking it would, though would be grateful for any opinions either way.

Comment

I've replied to your message :)
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Hello All
                    A question relating to overdrafts possibly being unenforceable:-
                    If, after a claim for interest charges to be refunded in relation to an overdraft and FOS decide the bank was right to charge interest when the overdraft went belly-up and led to a default etc, does this decision by them invalidate any claim that the overdraft is unenforceable as the interest charges applied by the bank took it over the agreed limit and the account may therefore become regulated and subject to a CCA - as outlined in the first letter in this thread of NID's...OR...is it a separate issue entirely?
                    DT

Comment

• Yes, send a CCA request for the overdraft.

They’ll write back saying it’s not relevant. Fine. It’s UE when they do that as they’re in default. There should be annual statements etc - the lot.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Thanks NID. I will start a thread in private area as still under scrutiny and needs privacy
                        DT

Comment

• Before I do that, was it more or less decided that the changes in the rules applied retrospectively re existing overdrafts? I appreciate every case is different, but I don't want to waste anyone's time.
                          I have been battling the bank concerned for about 5 years now over this. I don't want to waste anyone's time
                          Thanks
                          DT

Comment

• No rules have changed recently affecting this. Send an overdraft cca :)

Comment

• Do overdrafts become statute-barred in the same way that other debts do?

We've got an OD which was last paid 6 years ago and the only correspondence sent has been appropriate AAD templates, to which we've heard nothing back for 5 years so I was just wondering if I can mark this one in my file as SB now?

Comment

• I think they do. I believe mortgages are 12 years but all the rest are 6

Comment

Working...
                                X