GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdrafts - CCA Information

[QUOTE=mgfboy;160157]I realise that a loan being in default , is different to it being enforceable. The question I was asking is does the fact the OD is in default effect the position on using the agurements noted above. I know it doesn't effect normal loans and Credit cards but as we know OD's are different.[/QUOTE]
    Have the onanists :toss complied with section 74 ([URL="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/74"][B]link[/B][/URL]) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, or are they still claiming that the Act exempts business overdrafts?

Section 74 (1B) states:

[QUOTE]Where an agreement that falls within subsection (1)(b) is an authorised business overdraft agreement the following provisions apply—

(a)section 55B (assessment of creditworthiness);
    (b)section 56 (antecedent negotiations);
    (c)section 60 (regulations on form and content of agreements);
    (d)section 61B (duty to supply copy of overdraft agreement).[/QUOTE]

That lattermost section, 61B ([URL="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/61B"][B]link[/B][/URL]), looks rather interesting - especially at paragraph (3):

[QUOTE][B]61B Duty to supply copy of overdraft agreement[/B]

(1)Where an authorised business overdraft agreement or an authorised non-business overdraft agreement has been made, a document containing the terms of the agreement must be given to the debtor.

(2)The creditor must provide the document referred to in subsection (1) to the debtor before or at the time the agreement is made unless—

(a)the creditor has provided the debtor with the information referred to in regulation 10(3) of the Consumer Credit (Disclosure of Information) Regulations 2010, in which case it may be provided after the agreement is made,

(b)the creditor has provided the debtor with the information referred to in regulation 10(3)(c), (e), (f), (h) and (k) of those Regulations, in which case it must be provided immediately after the agreement is made, or

(c)the agreement is an agreement of a description referred to in regulation 10(4)(b) of those Regulations, in which case it must be provided immediately after the agreement is made.

(3)If the requirements of this section are not observed, the agreement is enforceable against the debtor on an order of the court only (and for these purposes a retaking of goods or land to which the agreement relates is an enforcement of the agreement).[/QUOTE]
    Of course, they can register a default against the name of the account holder but, if the account was held by a limited company, they cannot properly register a default against any company director concerning this account.

Comment

[QUOTE=CleverClogs;160190]or are they still claiming that the Act exempts business overdrafts?[/QUOTE] I would hazard a guess at the latter ;W ;W
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all..

Its all a bit confusing to people that do not know about these things.

My O/D with YB now with DCA Cabot had been sold while under an agreement with the bank, I also never received a default for this account!

I did a similar letter as the Boss :niddy has written above but, they refused to send anything back to me as they said it did not apply! I had the same as above with an agreed overdraft and went over that into an un agreed overdraft and still I was not able to get a CCA?

What's the difference between my case and the case above?

This is obviously all a bit confusing and seems to be all individually tailored to each person?

Comment

*Note to self - read the whole thread before commenting* :blush2

I have now realised that the whole thread was started due to my O/D and CCA. The boss :niddy drafted the 'Niddy special' for my O/D for Cabot.

As you can see from my post above that I got nowhere with sending the letter as Cabot just point blank refused! So, my question is how can they refuse sending me the CCA if the law changed 2010?

I understand we are 'testing the water'so to speak a bit with this but, as it is now the law it should be adhered to. No?

Does the fact that Cabot are taking my case to court affect them sending my CCA?

If all of the above does not affect the DCA in my case Cabot, from sending my CCA, why wont they send it and how do you make them send it? Also, does the CCA (if I did or didn't get one back)then have to step back from lifting the stay in the court case?

Comment

The fact is there is no prequisite to send a cca as such, what we do is ask for the annual statement and renewal agreement for the overdraft plus confirmation of charges which is what they're bound to send, but most do not.

If they don't send this then you *could* argue that fact in court but if you're using our preferred solicitors then they should pick up on this and if not please remind them of it, just mention c.39 s.74 CCA and they'll know (as does Paul)......
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks boss.

This has not been picked up. I mentioned the CCA and it was said that they do not need to send out this information. I think that was the end of the conversation on that.

I sent the CCA request twice that you did for me and they said they didn't have to send. End of.. I have not asked for further information from Cabot that they are suppose to supply, as you have mentioned above. The YB did not default me and have never sent out any annual statements or anything you have noted above.

Comment

I have looked at my credit report earlier and it brings up Cabot 'Closed account - Section 99 of CCA'

Comment

Speak to solicitors and make sure you draw it to their attention however due to the amount they may feel settlement is better and cheaper than a court battle.

Comment

Sorry, it doesn't say that on the credit report... the account is marked as delinquent for both YB/Cabot accounts on my credit file and I noticed that some of the delinquent meaning was described as the closed account under section 99 of the CCA.

Comment

• Re: Overdrafts - CCA Information

Following with interest as I have had a Yorkshire bank over draft sold to some company with Marlins collecting. It has £300 of illegal charges on it but I want to hit these smug sods with something. Niddy, can we send the letter you composed circumventing the request for CCA.... direct to Marlins. ???

Comment

[QUOTE=still looking at the star;168413]Following with interest as I have had a Yorkshire bank over draft sold to some company with Marlins collecting. It has £300 of illegal charges on it but I want to hit these smug sods with something. Niddy, can we send the letter you composed circumventing the request for CCA.... direct to Marlins. ???[/QUOTE] Be very careful - I personally am in a legal battle with Marlin/Mortimer Clarke etc over YB account - they are very quick to litigate and play very dirty.

I lost and they now have (in my opinion) a totally void CO against me but I decided long ago I will sell the house to my daughter for a reduced sum that will just cover the mortgage, so fuck their charge.

However, the point is they served papers at an incorrect address, the DN was bad, they got the amounts wrong - the lot.

But because they sent to the old address we never found out till the damage was done.

I am in the middle of organising an appeal and will let you know how this pans out but right now, due to legal reasons, I am not prepared to say more.

Just be warned.

If they've added loads of charges try and ask for a F&F excluding them or try and formalise a complaint so you can get the FOS involved - but whatever you do, be careful as these scum are the lowest of the low in every form.

I will not lie down and let them beat me, legally they already have (through no fault of my own) however they don't realise the world of pain they've now caused themselves.

I'll start a thread about all this, in due course. :yeababy

Comment

My thread regards this matter can be found here: ---> [url="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5384"]allaboutFORUMS | Niddy vs Marlin/Mortimer Clarke & Yorkshire Bank[/url]

* you need to be invited to this section so please PM a mod for access and if they can vouch for you, then you'll get in. Any problems PM me.

Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=Flossy;163411]Sorry, it doesn't say that on the credit report... the account is marked as delinquent for both YB/Cabot accounts on my credit file and I noticed that some of the delinquent meaning was described as the closed account under section 99 of the CCA.[/QUOTE]
                            Then it is plainly rubbish, as section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - [URL="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/99"][B]link[/B][/URL] - deals with the right to terminate [B]hire purchase and conditional sale agreements[/B].

Comment

had the usual letter back saying not covered by CCA the usual plonk. So I sent the return letter quoting what was advised on here. The problem with my Overdraft was it should never have been. My ex went into YB told them that we were split and they asked me to come in close the old one and set up a new single account every thing would be fine as they would transfer over the DD's etc. This I did. but two months down the line I find they did not and the account was racking up. I went ballistic at them, they just gave me £100 refund and told me to go to FOS.... at the time of just splitting up this was last thing on me mind

It makes me laugh, there is three hundred pound of charges on the account as I SAR YB, funny Marlins keep sending me a discount of £300 so to bring the amount down to £500..

I am not worried about this anyway, I just want to help test the waters here, my house is up for sale, I can't afford the mortgage or the extortionate amount I have to pay First Plus. Have struggled for three years working 7 days a week. I have informed BS that they will get £100 token payment same with FP the rest is for a deposit on a rented house or flat. Then its Bankruptcy for me. At 53, I just don't care anymore. I want to start living my life again. But want to help and give support to you guys in anyway I can. Your all great.

Comment

Hi

Can anyone tell me please if a bank has to send a default notice for an overdraft.

Thank you

Fredbare

Comment

Working...
                                X