GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceable Overdrafts - CCA Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Overdrafts - CCA Information

Just received a statement form LTSB showing the token payments I made and the closing balance.

I suppose I just wait and see what arrives next...only taken 3 months since I sent the cca request...
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've had a letter back from LTSB saying that, as we haven't agreed a suitable repayment plan, they've transferred the account to a dca...and they want me to contact them asap to arrange to pay back the outstanding balance.

Obviously, I'm not going to contact them but I'm not sure what to send when I hear from the dca. Do I just blag it and send "account sold in dispute"? I've never had the expected reply shown on page 1 of this thread.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sounds like best option there pixie
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Just let us know when the dca responds ;W
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sent the sold in dispute to a few DCAs before it bounced back to ltsb

Comment

Letter from Robbers way this morning (sent in an envelope with the same Salford return address as the LTSB one yesterday...supposedly from Scotland :lol)

Just the usual threats: pay in full, if you can't call us immediately to arrange a payment plan or we may advise their client to start court action etc (insert yawning smiley).

Bless them, they're concerned that the account may continue to be a worry for me...:hmm think again! :lol

Comment

Can anyone advise on the following re overdrafts.

My od which I'm being sued for, was opened in 2003 - my understanding is that The Consumer Credit (EU Directive) 2010 doesn't apply to my case.

Accordingly the DCA have stated there is no agreement and that overdrafts were exempt from Part V and also the regulations regarding defaults.

However, having re read the act I noticed the following clause under
                74) Exclusion of certain agreements from Part V

(4)If any term of an agreement falling within subsection (1)(b) or (c) or (2) is expressed in writing, regulations under section 60(1) shall apply to that term (subject to section 60(3)) as if the agreement were a regulated agreement not falling within subsection (1)(b) or (c) or (2.

Now, I have the original opening letter from the original lender which states some terms and conditions. My question is does the opening letter fall under clause 4 above and thus make the terms included within regulated?

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pixie;253100]Letter from Robbers way this morning (sent in an envelope with the same Salford return address as the LTSB one yesterday...supposedly from Scotland :lol)

Just the usual threats: pay in full, if you can't call us immediately to arrange a payment plan or we may advise their client to start court action etc (insert yawning smiley).

Bless them, they're concerned that the account may continue to be a worry for me...:hmm think again! :lol[/QUOTE]

Letter from Robinson Way offering me a payment plan...far more than the monthly payment I was making before.

It ends with "If an affordable payment plan is not agreed with you, I will have no alternative but to pass your account for further action. Once your account leaves my hands there will be little more I can do to help you."

Is this their "sympathetic" alternative to threatening letters in big red capitals?

I was just thinking that this has probably crossed in the post with the "Account sold in dispute" letter I sent them but when I checked the date on the letter from Robinson Way it's today's date. Royal Mail have excelled themselves there! :lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Pixie;256360]
                    I was just thinking that this has probably crossed in the post with the "Account sold in dispute" letter I sent them but when I checked the date on the letter from Robinson Way it's today's date. Royal Mail have excelled themselves there! :lol[/QUOTE]

I can only suppose it's their attempt at upping the so-called importance of their correspondence, by post-dating letters and sending it second class, making it look as if it's come first class.

Comment

[QUOTE=oldyboy;256385]I can only suppose it's their attempt at upping the so-called importance of their correspondence, by post-dating letters and sending it second class, making it look as if it's come first class.[/QUOTE]

I know they're not a million miles away from me but I still don't see how it could have got here on the day it was (supposedly) written.

Comment

Magic

Comment

Had a "supposed" Letter before action on my Halifax OD, thread updated and moved to legal section [URL="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?p=257431#post257431"][B][COLOR="Black"]here[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

For those not able to access it I've amalgamated Niddy's [B][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=159430&postcount=64"]special response[/URL][/COLOR][/B] with Paul's [COLOR="Black"][B][URL="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=252306&postcount=289"]response to a lame letter of claim[/URL][/B][/COLOR], plus details of the dispute.

Elsa x

Comment

I have a couple of observations regarding the template letter, i hope I am not being out of line.

The way I understand it an authorized overdraft must comply with the signing of agreements in 61(1)under the EU directive, in other words contain the same terms as an ordinary running credit agreement.

“Duty to supply copy of overdraft agreement
                            61B.—(1) Where an authorised business overdraft agreement or an authorised nonbusiness overdraft agreement has been made, a document containing the terms of theagreement must be given to the debtor.
                            (2) The creditor must provide the document referred to in [B][U]subsection (1)[/U][/B] to the debtor before or at the time the agreement is made unless—

Section 74A etc contain the terms that must be given on a account overdraft(one that is not specifically agreed(tacit agreement)).

Also section 40 of the administration of justice act was supplanted by Section 13 of CPUTR

Administration of Justice Act 1970

13. In section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970(1) (punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors), after subsection (3) insert—
                            “(3A) Subsection (1) above does not apply to anything done by a person to another in circumstances where what is done is a commercial practice within the meaning of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the other is a consumer in relation to that practice.”.

None of this means that the creditor should not comply with a request for a copy IMO it is just detail, and I could of course be wrong

Comment

The Eu directive doesn't apply to overdrafts opened before Feb? 2010 though does it?

Comment

Is section 1.2 of this any help? Pre-dates the EU CCD.

I would note that the OFT have withdrawn that document from their website now, as it's out of date etc. So anyone looking please do consider it an any way current.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Riz; 16 November 2012, 16:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X