GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SKY BROADBAND CONTRACT INFO - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SKY BROADBAND CONTRACT INFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKY BROADBAND CONTRACT INFO

Guys i have been with sky broadband for around 6 years over the past 2 years my internet speeds have fluctuated from 0.14mps to 10mps

I have complained to sky on numerous occassions and they have sent me new router etc

last year i escalated this to executive complaints and they sent out BT to test the line the BT engineer suspected it was interference REIN issue on the line

as a result Sky said they would give me free internet for 1 year

a year has now lapsed the fault is still there, rather than sky trying to resolve the issue they stating they is nothing they can do and i can leave without any penalties

now the issue is that i have the old sky broadband contract which states i should get a minimum 8mps as a result i have requested they lower my subscription and they state they will not do this and i should leave

now where do i stand in reference to contract, speeds compensation

Re: SKY BROADBAND CONTRACT INFO

hi Kamba,
    This guarantee you have - is it part of a t&c's? If so, you will probably find something along the lines that its best endeavours mate. In other words, they will do their best (or sometimes worst!) to keep you happy.
    If BT have been out and identified a line fault - what was the result of that?
    Perhaps its a case that you are a long way away from the exchange, hence the noise and slow speeds.
    If you go to this link it should be able to tell you.
    Cheers
    SA

Edit: This is the exchange search link which has changed a bit since i last used it although you should have an idea of how far you are from it. If not, put the postcodes in to google maps and it will show you.
    Last edited by SA Gold; 6 January 2015, 15:47.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i have had something similar, but was with o2 broadband was 17mps and dropped too 1mps (the line kept on cutting out), o2 arranged BT Engineer to investigate and found that the line outside was old and corroded, as well as indoor. they put a new line in to that box free, and everything was dandy afterwards. Out in the sticks is different as per exchange center mine was 600 yards away
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Truth is, if its the BT line and no ones willing to do anything about it, your only other option, if you can, is to switch to someone who uses fibre optics, best part about that is, you will get constant speeds but thats only if you are in the area thats set up for it.

Comment

Working...
        X