GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell (Orange) v LifeOfRyan **SET ASIDE** - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell (Orange) v LifeOfRyan **SET ASIDE**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATW
    replied
    Re: Court Claim from Lowell - Orange Contract

You need to get them to give you a breakdown of the amount that they are claiming so you know what is for calls and what is default or other charges. They can't just invent a figure that they would like to claim from you they need to explain what they want and why they want it.

Leave a comment:

• LifeOfRyan
    replied

I really have no idea how they calculated that amount, it was only £90 at first when i was dealing with orange. It could not have been for calls i made as i ceased use of the sim straight away. In the letters sent with Niddy's advice I offered £200 in 2 halves with the first payment at the end of april and the last payment at the end of may

Leave a comment:

• ATW
    replied

How do they calculate the amount that they are claiming? Have they charged for the balance of a fixed term contract or for calls made after you cancelled.

did you explain to them that you can pay a lump sum of around 50% by borrowing it from friends and family but that you cant pay a lump sum beyond that and it will have to be £buttons per month instead. That might make them more likely to accept to get rid of the hassle. This is a very small claim so i doubt they will want to spend a lot of time and resources chasing it or it will cost them more than they will collect. They will have to pay someone more that the amount claimed to turn up to court to fight it so if they wont take an offer now it is worth sticking in a defence to make the whole thing a right pain in the rear for them and that might bring them to the table to talk.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

OK have found a program that will recover .ogg files of micro sd cards

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Ok I'll ask andrew..... Hold fire

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Niddy,

They said they have received no letters but we have the signed for prints from Royal mail with there signature Now the recording we did we cannot find on the phone so we are looking for an android data recovery tool as it did record

Leave a comment:

• LifeOfRyan
    replied

Yup they were received and signed for, have taken screen prints

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Was it signed for, check Royal Mail track and trace....

Leave a comment:

• LifeOfRyan
    replied

They said they could not find letters or claim form to bring the matter to a close they want £370

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

BW Legal buddy... Let rip and explain you are a litigant in person and that you intend on fully defending the claim BUT DO NOT GO INTO DETAIL AS TO WHY and that you will also fully inform the court of their ignorance to respond to a LiP when they (ie you) are writing trying to make settlement. It'll be frowned upon, especially due to the small amount.

they must still write to you directly we anything agreed and also inform the court of their intention to drop the claim..... Stick to what we told them in the letter and do not deviate mate, don't tell them everything that may be wrong - stick to the facts in the letter.

Leave a comment:

• LifeOfRyan
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Ok you need to call them now mate - sorry but you must ring and start by saying you're recording the call (ideally phone on landline loudspeaker then record using a mobile) and ask them why they're ignoring your generous offer and that you will notify the court of their unreasonable delay.

do not get into protracted arguments and do not promise or agree to anything other than we discussed on the letter.....

if you get stuck then just say, I need to consult with my solicitor prior to answering that - I'll come back to you later..... Then we'll run it past Andrew.
    Ok I will do that now, thanks mate. Which number is best to ring, BW Legal or Lowell?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Ok you need to call them now mate - sorry but you must ring and start by saying you're recording the call (ideally phone on landline loudspeaker then record using a mobile) and ask them why they're ignoring your generous offer and that you will notify the court of their unreasonable delay.

do not get into protracted arguments and do not promise or agree to anything other than we discussed on the letter.....

if you get stuck then just say, I need to consult with my solicitor prior to answering that - I'll come back to you later..... Then we'll run it past Andrew.

Leave a comment:

• LifeOfRyan
    replied

Post has just been for today and nope nothing from them

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Thanks Niddy

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by LifeOfRyan View Post
    Ok mate will do. All this legal stuff is like trying to learn mandarin or something, LifeOfRyan = total noob haha
    Haha Mandarin is probably easier than law mate, hence more UCAS points needed for Law than Applied Modern Languages

Leave a comment:

Working...
X