GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EMail Clients - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMail Clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMail Clients

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
    It's brilliant PF, especially for gathering up all the web accounts in one place.
    I found a really nice theme called Office Black...background and boxes are very soft light grey, but nice black accents and tabs. Very easy on the eyes.

Shep x
    Funny you say that as it is the theme I went for !!!!

Comment

You have such good taste PF!!

Comment

You have such good taste PF!!
        Indeed as do you shep, that is why we are both responsible dog owners !!!!!

Comment

Comment

Yup the bottom one is me lol

Comment

Wont let me download anythin - says I have incorrect jar file.

Does it need to be run or saved?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar,

I just clicked Run as it is saved to downloads folder anyway

Comment

.jar file is java archive so sounds like you need to update your java first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAR_%28file_format%29

You can update here

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Comment

Which theme are you trying to install Oscar? The Office Black or another?

Comment

Nope, still wont have it.

Dont think its me though.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Which theme are you trying to install Oscar? The Office Black or another?
                        Office Black

Comment

And you're doing it from within Thunderbird - tools -addons-get addons?

My version is 9.0.1..maybe if yours is a newer one the theme might not have been updated?
                          Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 11 February 2012, 11:26.

Comment

Office black should work in Thunderbird up to version 10 at least. It says it does anyway.

If all else fails, then.......

Go here in your browser: Office Black :: Add-ons for Thunderbird

Download the office_black-1.6.9-tb+fx.jar

In the Addon Manager pane, select "Install Add-on From File" like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120211001.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1385550

Then browse to where yo save the jar file and select it.

Comment

And you're doing it from within Thunderbird - tools -addons-get addons?

My version is 9.0.1..maybe if yours is a newer one the theme might not have been updated?
                              Tried it couple of ways - not that way though and all is working fine now!

Comment

Just updated to 10 and office Black's fine with it..

Comment

Working...
                                X