GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sticky Keys (not in the comupter sense) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky Keys (not in the comupter sense)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Keys (not in the comupter sense)

Earlier today I knocked a pint of pineapple juice over the keyboard of my laptop. Obviously dried it up as best I could, but some keys, as the juice has dried underneath the keyboard have gone really sticky, including the space bar which will literally remain stuck down at times. I've tried the spray duster stuff, which has worked on some but not all.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Re: Sticky Keys (not in the comupter sense)

Take battery out, unplug and use a dry damp cloth (ie squeeze out till just damp but no drops) then give it a good buff and immediately use towel to rub dry. If that doesn't help - it may mean removing the trim (by the hinges) and popping the 3 sides off then unscrewing the keypad (3/4 screws) then give a proper wipe

It's not that hard really; to access the keypad area
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i dropped my works mobile in a cup of coffee, whilst tucking into a bacon & tattie scone roll at a layby - i left the phone in the cup *Well you can't not eat ya bacon & tattie scone in peace without having to fish a mobile out of your coffee cup*

Followed on by telling work that i dropped it in a puddle, as i got out of the car - even thought there was slight smell off coffee on the phone lol
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Spray in some IPA or label remover. Make sure the batts out though. Should break down the sugar and wait till it evaporates. You can get them cheap from RS.
        Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

My boss washed her Nokia in the back pocket of her Jeans not once but twice. Each time the phone went through the tumble dryer as well. The first time all it needed was a new battery. The second time it worked but would run the battery flat in 24 hours. The Sim has survived and is perfect.

Wouldnt suggest putting a coffee soaked phone in the washing machine though.
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            My boss washed her Nokia in the back pocket of her Jeans not once but twice. Each time the phone went through the tumble dryer as well. The first time all it needed was a new battery. The second time it worked but would run the battery flat in 24 hours. The Sim has survived and is perfect.

Wouldnt suggest putting a coffee soaked phone in the washing machine though.
            Why the back pocket, Handy?

Does she talk out of her [this post censored on account of mod being given a huge 'bung' by Handy's boss]

Comment

That she does, It took months to teach her how to turn it on.
              Everything gets washed, Money (OK no remarks on Money Laundering)
              and Car Keys. It costs her near £100 per time to replace the Keys to the Quatro. The other car is even more because I don't know how to recode those.

She doesn't know that phones can be set to vibrate otherwise it would be in her pocket more often.

I wonder if she know that? she might have been trying to ring herself. Now there's a thought

Regards, Handy
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
              X