GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Free word processing software? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free word processing software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free word processing software?

Hi all.... does anyone have a link for free word processing software?
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Free word processing software?

Try this:

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Comment

Thanks Trumpet..... you're a star!
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You're very welcome!

Comment

Can also try Open Office http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Comment

Thank you SX
            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Libre Office evolved from Open Office, and is slightly better. There's not a great deal of difference, but I've changed to Libre Office on all my systems now, on both Linux and Windows.

P1 didn't actually say which operating system the word processor was for. I use Libre Office on Linux and Windows, but if you've got an Android tablet or cell phone I'd recommend this one -

http://www.kingsoftstore.co.uk/kings...e-android.html

SH

Comment

It was for Windows..... my friend's son took his laptop into PC World and they wiped the word processing software when repairing it (rolls eyes)..... Might have been nice if they'd forewarned him, or even told him afterwards but hey ho.... the joys of PC World eh?
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

PC World does not have a good reputation, from what I have heard.

Don't you have any rights of compensation if clowns delete paid software from your PC while they are supposed to repairing it?

One thing I should have mentioned – it is not a good idea to install Libre Office and Open Office on the same system, as they conflict with each other. BBoo had that problem a couple of years ago, and couldn't get his Libre Office to work until he'd completely uninstalled Open Office.

SH

Comment

Working...
                  X