Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tablets

Can an iPhone be synced to a Galaxy tablet and Google drive etc...

I may have to sacrifice my beloved Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile after my daughter dropped hers (her Christmas present) in the bath last night. We have a spare iPhone 4 lying around, so I'll probably have that for the moment rather than go through insurance with a big excess for these things.

I'd planned having everything Samsung, all talking to each other and updating from each other, but this has put a spanner in the works. I don't really want to go back to being tied to everything Apple.

If iPhone can have contacts etc... updated automatically with contacts, calendar etc... through my Gmail account, it's not too bad.

Sorry - back to topic now, but had to ask.

Comment

my iphone contacts are based with my gmail account as it was the only way to get them off an old sony x8 which was a backup so it can be and is easily done
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

So if you add a contact through your gmail, it automatically goes onto your iPhone? If so, that's good news.

Comment

yeah need to set it up under the email settings and for it to grab the contacts
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Brilliant - thanks KIla, that's very good news for me indeed.

Comment

Well i finally took the plunge and got the latest iPad (full size not mini) with a data contract, nothing to pay up front and £32/month. Not the cheapest of options but at least I can use it without WiFi. It works out like paying in installments for the iPad for 2 years plus £10/month for the data service, which includes 2Gb so not that bad.

If it was bought with a credit card it would cost a lot more due to all the interest charged on top!

I guess I can't call myself 'undecided' anymore.

Comment

Now the fun begins, attempting to transfer my iPhone apps and everything onto the iPad using itunes, which has never been the most user-friendly program in the world. Wish me luck!

Comment

Well done undecided, I am jealous as hell.

Now if you haven't bought a case already have a look on Amazon as they are a lot cheaper than buying from Apple or any High St store.

I can just about sync my Ipod nano with Itunes so I wish you luck with Iphones and Ipads

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    I'm debating purchasing a tablet, and wonder if a 7 inch one allows a big enough keyboard to type reasonably (not one fingered poking at a small key).

Has anyone experience of these, and are the cheaper ones any good?

Any recommendations welcomed? Can't afford Apple.
                    Samsung Galaxy Tab is highly regarded, as is the aforementioned Google Nexus.

I'm actually tempted to get a tablet running Windows 8 (the full Windows 8, not the cut-down version that just runs apps) so that I can play Civ V on it, when they get cheap enough (pretty pricey at the moment). Civ is one of my gaming vices and is the main reason I still use Windows.

Comment

I am waiting for the same. Love the Kindle Fire HD but waiting for Microsoft Surface with win 8 pro.

Comment

Am I right in thinking of the 10 inchish screens that only the Samsung Galaxy and iPad have a really good battery life?

Still really keeping my fingers crossed that kila's statement the iPhone can bypass iTunes and go to Google for contacts is correct. I loathe iTunes.

Comment

Working...
                        X