GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Information needed on ipad3 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information needed on ipad3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information needed on ipad3

As most of you know I'm carp with technical stuff, A friend of mine is wanting ipad3 and wants to know:-

• Can you write documents/letter etc?
    • Does it have TextEdit?
    • Can you print/save pdf's off the internet?
    • Is printing a problem?
    Last edited by IF; 5 September 2012, 16:51.
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Information needed on ipad3

Try this--------> iPad User Guide
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Try this--------> iPad User Guide
      Will send this on, thanks I2D

Comment

you can get a word document (more advance that its original Notepad).........as the OH have word document on iPad2......possibly need to find what the actual program is called

Printing unsure _ as i had to find program for the iPad2 (but found it easier to send e-mail and i printed it)

Free APP on iTunes for PDF you can read PDF through e-mails, or online (edit PDF, highlight pages etc - can also purchase)
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you 5corps

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            As most of you know I'm carp with technical stuff, A friend of mine is wanting ipad3 and wants to know:-

• Can you write documents/letter etc?
            • Does it have TextEdit?
            • Can you print/save pdf's off the internet?
            • Is printing a problem?
            Just a heads up on this, but what *it can do* and what is practical aren't always the same when people come to use it. I think i-pads have their place, but don't replace a net/notebook in my opinion.
            Great for browsing web, watching stuff on the train etc. Just wouldn't want you to recommend something and then get slated for it!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              Just a heads up on this, but what *it can do* and what is practical aren't always the same when people come to use it. I think i-pads have their place, but don't replace a net/notebook in my opinion.
              Great for browsing web, watching stuff on the train etc. Just wouldn't want you to recommend something and then get slated for it!
              Yeah, I'm thinking the same......alright if you have a laptop/computer but not to have instead of.....thanks missy

Comment

Having used a Ipad for quite a while now I would feel lost without it, as for printing from it, I think you need to have it synced to a Apple Mac Air.

As much as I it find very useful for the stuff I do with it, It never will replace my laptop though.

Comment

Thanks Allan

Comment

I am a little tempted...

BBC News - iPad Mini unveiled by Apple as it enters small tablet market

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                      it's the same as an iphone!
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

lol. Nearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          it's the same as an iphone!
                          But it is a bigger iphone that you can't use as a phone

Comment

and still nearly £300 quid

Comment

I've has to be said though the IPAD4 and Ipad mini do look like nice. bits of kit and my wife still loves her Ipad 1.

I'm going to the states next week and I may be tempted.

Comment

Working...
                              X