GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pdf creation from scanned docs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pdf creation from scanned docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdf creation from scanned docs

I wish to create simple pdfs of scanned letters for ease of saving to HDD and also uploading here etc.

Not sure how to go about it thou.

Any help at all guys?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Pdf creation from scanned docs

Hi Hun,
    You can either download a programme to use (once installed it usually then comes up as a printer option). I use a paid one called Easy PDF which is good.
    There are free ones to download and install but watch out for addons or spyware (or only being free for a limited time, with watermarks on the documents).

Before I got Easy PDF I used a free online converter called ZAMZAR:
    http://www.zamzar.com/ which is easy to use, just upload the file, pick what file format to convert to and they automatically email you a link to download the result.
    Totally free and no watermarks, so that might be your best bet...

Comment

Not sure what software you have on your computer so try here: Free PDF Converter - Print to PDF with doPDF
      Free program and it shows you exactly how to do what you want. To upload on to here just the upload file tag on the message header, looks like a paper clip, pretty straightforward, I think there is a guide somewhere but you will manage okay.

Comment

Can also depend on your scanner. I have an Epson all in one (DX7 series). I can choose (on the settings somewhere) to scan these as a PDF file if needed.

You can also save as PDF from some versions of Word.
        Last edited by oscar; 22 July 2012, 14:53.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just to update i managed to get hold of a copy of Adobe Acrobat 7 (freebie) so have been using that.
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Really easy to use is "Print to PDF" it basically adds another print option to your print menu, so it prints directly to a PDF document.

No need for all those fancy PDF programs, however you will need a free PDF reader to view it.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Really easy to use is "Print to PDF" it basically adds another print option to your print menu, so it prints directly to a PDF document.

No need for all those fancy PDF programs, however you will need a free PDF reader to view it.
              If he has Adobe Acrobat it will read PDF's anyway, it is the program for PDF's, I use Acrobat X pro, amazing what you can do with it

Comment

true Vossy, if he has acrobat then thats fine.

Comment

Working...
                X