GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Windows 7 sucks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 7 sucks

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
    There are various partitioning/formatting tools that will run from a live CD

GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD

Parted Magic

and some others.

Thanks mate

I might give them a try
    next Sunday when I have a day off
    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post

Thanks mate

I might give them a try
      next Sunday when I have a day off
      If you do, do the research on whether your laptop needs additional drivers for the XP install process, and if so, how to add them during install or create a new XP cd with them on.

As said, also check on the manufacturer site that they have XP compatible drivers for all the rest of the hardware in the laptop.

Otherwise you might find yourself putting Win 7 back on after several fruitless hours. :;
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Am gonna have to try Linux.

I'll start a thread when I clear one of my lappys and ask how to do it lol. See if it's any good or not.

I suspect I'll like it cos I love a lot of the shit you can do )
        OK then. You'll either love it or hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
          OK then. You'll either love it or hate it.
          Marmite
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorta yes.

Not all the desktops you can use are as visually "blingy" as Win7, but sometimes that is a good thing. Especially on a slightly older machine.

Comment

just a quick one what programs did you find didnt work as i had same problem when i first got on to win7 and have now managed to find better alternatives

i personally have 7 and xp on separate HD's in my computer and play the random boot selection to see which 1 i'll use

so if i could help with that then i'd be more than happy too
              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                As its Sunday and my day off, time to try

I tried that, It doesn't work with Win 7 home Premium edition

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                  just a quick one what programs did you find didnt work as i had same problem when i first got on to win7 and have now managed to find better alternatives
                  Thanks, sorry it's taken a week to reply
                  Things to remember, I'm simple, basic, and getting old
                  We can start with "themes" I've had the same mouse pointers, borders, colours etc for 10 years plus (Win 98) this bag of shite (Win 7)won't let me have them.

A few programs that I used to use, MP3 firewriter, Dvd 43, Iphoto+,
                  Print CD, Audacity, WinAvi.
                  and to add most freebie cash offers don't work

Comment

Although might be too hard for numpty to pick up
                    Correct

Whats the login thing?

Comment

Win7 still blows winXP away in every sense that's why it's hard to go backwards to a shittier system cos it's like totally daft mate and microsoft didn't reckon on people wanting to strip this in favour of winXP which is a lesser product.

The real problem here is you're stuck in your ways. Yea win7 does actually do EVERYTHING winXP does AND a whole lot more.

You can even use winXP through the win7 installation.

I think you'll struggle based on your last comments and also think that's why you're removing the best OS for a substandard version that was ditched in favour of this amazing OS that is win7.

Niddy's pov. I'll go now
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Win7 still blows winXP away in every sense that's why it's hard to go backwards to a shittier system cos it's like totally daft mate and microsoft didn't reckon on people wanting to strip this in favour of winXP which is a lesser product.

The real problem here is you're stuck in your ways. Yea win7 does actually do EVERYTHING winXP does AND a whole lot more.

You can even use winXP through the win7 installation.

I think you'll struggle based on your last comments and also think that's why you're removing the best OS for a substandard version that was ditched in favour of this amazing OS that is win7.

Niddy's pov. I'll go now
                        I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this mate

Win 7 is so good they release backward compatible versions, you need to trawl the net to find updated drivers or go and buy new stuff
                        It's rumoured win 8 will be launched early this year (less than a year since win 7)

XP is not substandard, I've never had to reinstall it in 4 years
                        (unlike win ME)
                        XP works

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                          Thanks, sorry it's taken a week to reply
                          Things to remember, I'm simple, basic, and getting old
                          We can start with "themes" I've had the same mouse pointers, borders, colours etc for 10 years plus (Win 98) this bag of shite (Win 7)won't let me have them.

A few programs that I used to use, MP3 firewriter, Dvd 43, Iphoto+,
                          Print CD, Audacity, WinAvi.
                          and to add most freebie cash offers don't work
                          MP3 firewriter can be replaced with either windows media player or itunes to burn mp3 cds
                          dvd43 and winavi can be replaced with dvdfab (which i have a working version inc registration info)
                          Audacity has a win7 compatible install

print cd and iphoto+ however i couldnt find info on but i'm sure with a basic description of what they do i can find suitable software for you

Themes though are ugly my missus had pink purple and gold on her laptop at 1 point
                          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Quiet = good or bad?

Comment

I don't know much about much, but I know that with Windows 7, mapping a network drive was a piece of piss! And whilst my Apple drivers for an EDMS printer got removed from Windows 7, I found another driver that worked - so I'm happy with it.

I'm pretty sure there must be a way for most things to work??? I wouldn't go back

(and I managed to do the above without assistance AND I'm a girl!)
                              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm windows 8??

i've seen a RC copy (pre release) running...its very different thats for sure and if you dont like w7 you'll probably hate w8!

Last edited by philnicandamy; 27 February 2012, 11:35.

Comment

Working...
                                X