GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Broken Cannon Range Fan Oven - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Cannon Range Fan Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Cannon Range Fan Oven

Help! My cannon range dual fuel fan oven won't turn off. The only way I can turn it off is by the mains, if I reset the clock the orange light goes on and it restarts even though the oven switch is off.

could it be the element as we have changed one before, which is much cheaper than calling an expert out at over £100!

thank you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Broken Cannon Range Fan Oven

I wish I could help you Cym x
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sounds like it could be the thermostat gone?
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

If the oven is on when whatever selector switch it has say it should be off, then it could well be that the switch is faulty? Doubt it would be the element, as it's obviously being supplied with power when it shouldn't be by something else.

Newish oven I take it?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The oven is about 7 years old; it has 2 ovens the non fan oven works ok, it's just the fan one that won't switch off.

Comment

Does anyone know about the layout of this cooker?
            cannon repair man has turned up today and said that as there is a fixed gas pipe he can't access the cooker to change the thermostat and we have to pay an additional £120 to have the pipe changed.

he also brought the wrong part!!! Cannon have the serial no etc and should know what to order.

Comment

Working...
            X