GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Economy Airline incident - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economy Airline incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Economy Airline incident

Yeah!!!! Milly - you're back. Hope the good wishes were passed on. Really pleased the op went well, though sorry to hear it was a bit more serious than they first thought. Nevermind - a bit more time off work!

Comment

Your joking Casp.... they have sent my whole office home. The one handed finance manager will have to learn to work with one hand.
      I can access my office computer from my own computer at home.

It will be business as usual as bestest I can. It is the start of the footy window and that is our busiest time.

Originally posted by caspar View Post
      Yeah!!!! Milly - you're back. Hope the good wishes were passed on. Really pleased the op went well, though sorry to hear it was a bit more serious than they first thought. Nevermind - a bit more time off work!
      My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

Stop paying the electric bill! Computer won't work then.

Comment

Milly,

Nice to see you back, I can relate to working with one hand as with my stroke I do it all the time.

Take it easy girl ok

Regards

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Response from the airline received today, the are going to investigate this and will revert back to us. Mind you no time scale given. But at least we now have a reference number.
              My site name is after General Tutts who won a famous battle at Newbury many moons ago 1643 - I hope to win all my battles and will fight to the bitter end.

Comment

They'll offer free tickets
                Will you take them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                  They'll offer free tickets
                  Will you take them?
                  really are you having a joke with me?

Comment

My sis was offered free tickets when she collapsed on a bus put on by this company.One of those shuttle things that take you from the terminal to the plane. She got compensation and a free flight.

Comment

Did the shuttle bus staff throw a whole cup of hot chocolate over her?

Did your sis pass out for 30 minutes?

This is slightly a different scenario as the crew here on this airline did not attempt any first aid and only relied on the kindness of other passengers a VET and a nurse. It has caused my o/h so much grief he is now suffering post traumatic stress disorder.

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                      My sis was offered free tickets when she collapsed on a bus put on by this company.One of those shuttle things that take you from the terminal to the plane. She got compensation and a free flight.

Comment

Milly - you seen this?

Ryanair Liverpool flight grounded by a cup of tea : Liverpool Airport News Stories

and this:

Appendix 3 to EU OPS 1.1005/1.1010/1.1015 stipulates first aid training requirements for cabin crew. Among the many aspects required we find

4. Basic first aid and survival training including care of:
                        • the unconscious
                        • burns
                        • wounds and
                        • fractures and soft tissue injuries

EU-OPS 1.745 stipulates that an operator shall not operate an aeroplane unless it is equipped with first aid kits, readily accessible for use.

Among the stipulated contents of the first aid kit we find special burns dressings and burns gel.
                        Last edited by caspar; 11 July 2011, 23:09.

Comment

Casper,

Jolly nice to leave her there and have to endure additional expence to get to her destination.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 12 July 2011, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Even better: ---> Bite in air as letters fly over tax refunds

(the tail section is this)

That's obviously been Photoshopped - the bag's too big!

Comment

Thanks Caspar, I had not seen this article, this lady upset the tea herself it appears and was not the fault of the crew.

Surprised they had to make an emergency landing because it would have been a fairly short flight but I suppose if she had burned herself and they were unable to treat her because they did not carry a medical kit for that purpose they will be in such trouble when my o/h solicitor gets hold of all these stories and will I am sure he will ask them many more qestion and especially what other incidences involved accidents on board such as this, what first aid kit they carry on board, what training do their staff have etc, because I did not see any evidence of this and it is a good job they did not have to make an emergency landing as they left that passenger behind in Germany.

Also thanks for the details of what the cabin crew should be able to do, but it was clearly evident on our flight that this sadly was not the case and they relied heavily on their being a VET and a nurse to sort this out without any proper medical equipment other than oxygen which was bought out after he was unconsious for a good 20 minutes.

Trust me we will take them to task on this and I am telling you now that if they offer a free flight for compensation this will not not surfice and if that happens I would rather see them in court and get the publicity as we wont let this rest.

Cup of tea forces UK jet to make emergency landing

BERLIN | Wed Sep 1, 2010 2:16pm BST
                              BERLIN (Reuters) - A British airplane en route to Poland was forced to make an emergency landing in Germany after a 56-year-old woman spilt a hot cup of tea on herself, German police said on Wednesday.
                              The Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Poznan made the unscheduled landing in the northwestern city of Bremen on Tuesday, local police said.
                              The British woman was treated for scalding at the airport and released -- but not before the plane resumed its journey without her. She later took a train to Poland, police said.

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                              Milly - you seen this?

Ryanair Liverpool flight grounded by a cup of tea : Liverpool Airport News Stories

and this:

Appendix 3 to EU OPS 1.1005/1.1010/1.1015 stipulates first aid training requirements for cabin crew. Among the many aspects required we find

4. Basic first aid and survival training including care of:
                              • the unconscious
                              • burns
                              • wounds and
                              • fractures and soft tissue injuries
                              EU-OPS 1.745 stipulates that an operator shall not operate an aeroplane unless it is equipped with first aid kits, readily accessible for use.

Among the stipulated contents of the first aid kit we find special burns dressings and burns gel.
                              Last edited by Tuttsi; 12 July 2011, 09:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X