GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Baggage Allowance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baggage Allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baggage Allowance

Hi, does anyone know how hot Monarch are with weight allowance?

I've got a 23kg allowance but case weighs 23.4

I could have increased it but not after I've checked in.

Does anyone know if I can do it if I call them?

Re: Baggage Allowance

I have been over with them and they were fine. It maybe depends on who you get though.

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
      Hi, does anyone know how hot Monarch are with weight allowance?

I've got a 23kg allowance but case weighs 23.4

I could have increased it but not after I've checked in.

Does anyone know if I can do it if I call them?
      Where are you going to

Comment

Tenerife tomorrow.

No doubt I won't wear everything I've got in the case and am sitting here thinking what I can remove!

Thanks Beefy, were you over very much?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
          Tenerife tomorrow.

No doubt I won't wear everything I've got in the case and am sitting here thinking what I can remove!

Thanks Beefy, were you over very much?
          Hi,
          Never had any problems on short haul with monarch, I don't think you need to worry, long haul is very different they charge for every kilo over your limit. Have a great holiday.

Comment

nothing you can stuff in to your hand luggage?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Already doing that SXGuy!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                Hi,
                Never had any problems on short haul with monarch, I don't think you need to worry, long haul is very different they charge for every kilo over your limit. Have a great holiday.
                I think I'm going to risk it, I've been slightly over in the past and its never been a problem

Comment

I called Monarch early this morning and increased the allowance by 1kg for £10.00 without a problem and was told that I could also have paid at the airport when I checked in. Ryanair have a lot to learn!!

Hand luggage now empty, leaves me lots of space to buy things at the airport!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Comment

Have a good holiday
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have a good holiday. Don't forget you have to return with the case,and dirty sandy washing,

Son went with Ryanair to Greece last year with a Samsonite case bought years ago in America as a carry-on.
                      They took him out OK, but on the way back they said it was 1 cm too long, width and depth were well within the limits. He took the handle off, but even do it was .5 cm too long and they charged him £30.

Soon they will be charging people over 50kg, I expect.

Comment

Working...
                      X