GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Alton Towers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alton Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alton Towers

Doubt much if they've already paid up front for advertisement time slots on the tv screen. That they going to pull it, but as Paul says, it was everything else that made the gripe and frustration
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is capitalism for you, only interested in your money nothing else the clothing is probably cheap indian imports.

A lot of businesses need to remember that whilst taking your money they also need to think about retaining your business.

Sorry big gripe of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        A lot of businesses need to remember that whilst taking your money they also need to think about retaining your business.
        Very true that - shame most don't bother!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

When businesses start earning millions, they forget that bit.

Comment

That may be why the Royal Umpire Exhibition and "theme park" at Croston closed down.

The "Royal Umpire" was an apparently genuine mail, stage coach from the 19th century, which was exhibited alongside a few other traps and carts, and an old car (an Austin 7 Ruby, if memory serves). Another attraction was the Wild West Town, in a field nearby that had been (mostly) cleared of grass.

None of the buildings was really open to the public, which was probably as well. One could not really come to much harm as one peered in through the (unglazed) windows or through roped-off doorways. The buildings were made with reclaimed timber from a variety of sources, extensively patched with bits from old tea chests. The "town" was sparsely populated by a few shop window dummies, some of which lacked an arm and one of which seemed to cope remarkably well despite having no head. At the far end of the main street, there was a huge iron cauldron with a sign in front: "Pot for boiling missionaries".

On one side, there was a signpost directing one to "the water otter". The track through the overgrown shrubs wound round and round in a serpentine manner, crossing itself once or twice, until it opened up to a small clearing with a small pond in the middle; on an island in the pond, there was a rusty Ascot geyser! A couple who had followed me down the path just stared and stared at it, as their look of astonishment added to my barely concealed mirth. "So where's this water otter?" one of them asked.
            I just pointed and burst out laughing, "There it is! Wouldn't it make water 'otter?"

I still wonder if they did get the entrance fee refunded.
            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 30 May 2013, 12:45. Reason: Adding details

Comment

You learn something everyday.

Live close by but never heard of the Royal Umpire till now.

Think alot of it has to do with the land. The owners see lots and lots of nice suburban houses all squashed in. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Make it fail and allow it to become an eyesore. Local council who isnt that keen right now will be in a few years just to get place tidied up.

No nowadays. Always wondered where I could use that smiley

Comment

That is capitalism for you, only interested in your money nothing else the clothing is probably cheap indian imports.

Sorry big gripe of mine.
                major gripe of mine, most "workers" haven't a clue what good customer service is, we, as a nation, need to complain more. I complain all the time if things aren't right, a right Mrs Moanaminute, but I do get the occasional result, and if no body tells them they're doing it wrong, they'll just keep on doing it that way.

Sounds like Alton Towers have taken on a lot of summer staff with no clue about anything, BIG training issues there, if they want to run a few seminars, happy to do a guest appearance, for a small fee mind you............................

Comment

The Ride was on mentioned on Watchdog tonight

Comment

they're giving a free pass to those who booked first day on the ride.
                    I doubt that would make up for the rest of the money people spent getting there and for the accomodation though.

kuma
                    Do you think I look like Hitler?

Comment

Working...
                    X