GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Solar panel electricity systems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solar panel electricity systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar panel electricity systems

I'm thinking about investing in some solar panels

I've read Pompy's thread here---> Solar Panels

I'm looking to owning mine outright .....has to be a good investment ?

Up-front Government Grants for Solar Panels were discontinued in February 2010 and replaced by the Feed in Tariff in April 2010. The previous Grant scheme only covered a small percentage of the cost, but the Feed in Tariff allows you to recover the full cost of installation, typically in under 10 years and to receive a Return on Investment between 8% and 12%.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Solar panel electricity systems

Owning your own is the way to go as you get a return on the feed in where as I don't as my system was fitted free it is I have found to be a bit of a con and I will be looking to my myself out of the 25 yr contract.

Have said that my bills are lower as using the washer a dryer costs nothing to run and any repairs to my roof is paid for via there insurance as they are effectively renting my roof

You can get a system for about 5k now

Comment

I think you have to have a least one side of the roof south facing though don't you?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        I think you have to have a least one side of the roof south facing though don't you?

The direction your home faces will determine how much sunlight it gets throughout the day. The closer this is to south the better, so panels mounted on a roof facing south, south west or south east will perform the best. But many people are surprised to learn that panels facing east or west only lose about 15% of the output they’d achieve if they faced due south.

Comment

PV Panels do not need sunlight just daylight and the direction needs to be southish so if yours is southeast or southwest that is good enough.

Comment

Working...
          X