GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halogen oven - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halogen oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halogen oven

Sooooo, I have finally given in to the hype and purchased myself a halogen oven. It hasn't yet arrived but should be with me Tuesday or Wednesday. The model I bought was the Andrew James 12 ltr and I got it from Ebay at £42.99 delivered.

It isn't like me to buy whimsical gadgets, so why have I bought this? Well I often do jacket potatoes, cheese on toast, roast potatoes, pizza etc on their own in the conventional oven , which I think is probably much heavier on electricity than one of these types of oven.

I'm not sure I'd bother doing a whole roast in one of these, but I'll see when I get it!

I think they are quite large, so you either need space in a cupboard or plenty of free worktop space. The thing is, once I shove something in a cupboard, I'm much less likely to use it so this is one item I am thinking about leaving out all the time on the worktop.

As I cook things, I'll leave my comments here as to whether it was as good as when cooked in a conventional oven, whether it cooked quicker etc, and whether the recipe needs any adjusting.

So, has anyone used one? Do you use it often? Do you have any special "halogen" recipes or tips?
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Re: Halogen oven

Mrs I bought one, wonder how she has got on

-- > Halogen oven - allaboutFORUMS
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks Iffikins

I'll post a link on her thread to here see if she can comment.
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I have one and have used it to cook mainly chickens with veg etc and randomly the other week I cooked soup in it as it was the only thing big enough to cook the volume I was cooking. They are great and quick to cook as long as you don't mind the lack of colour as it doesn't 'brown' as such. As you say they take up a lot of room but they are good.

Comment

Working...
        X