GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Carrot Cake - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrot Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carrot Cake

Here is one that is nice....

FRESH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
    makes 3 cups

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
    1 stick (8T.) butter, room temp
    3 c. icing sugar
    2 T. fresh orange juice
    1 T. grated orange zest (from 1 med. orange)

Place cream cheese & butter in lg. mixing bowl. Blend w/mixer on low speed till combined, 30 seconds.

Add the sugar, a bit at a time, blending w/mixer on low speed till the sugar is well combined, 1 min. Then add the o.j. & zest to the mixture.
    Increase the mixer speed to med. & beat till the frosting lightens and is fluffy, 1 min. more.

OR

FROSTING
    8 ounces cream cheese -- creamed softened
    1/2 cup butter -- room temperature, or margarine
    2 cups icing sugar
    1 cup chopped walnuts OPTIONAL
    milk -- only as needed

Mix together cream cheese, margarine or butter, powdered sugar. If too stiff add milk to thin. Add nuts and frost.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
      Here is one that is nice....

FRESH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
      makes 3 cups

8 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
      1 stick (8T.) butter, room temp
      3 c. icing sugar
      2 T. fresh orange juice
      1 T. grated orange zest (from 1 med. orange)

Place cream cheese & butter in lg. mixing bowl. Blend w/mixer on low speed till combined, 30 seconds.

Add the sugar, a bit at a time, blending w/mixer on low speed till the sugar is well combined, 1 min. Then add the o.j. & zest to the mixture.
      Increase the mixer speed to med. & beat till the frosting lightens and is fluffy, 1 min. more.

OR

FROSTING
      8 ounces cream cheese -- creamed softened
      1/2 cup butter -- room temperature, or margarine
      2 cups icing sugar
      1 cup chopped walnuts OPTIONAL
      milk -- only as needed

Mix together cream cheese, margarine or butter, powdered sugar. If too stiff add milk to thin. Add nuts and frost.
      both of these would go on my cake .but would add to the fat
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

didn't get a chance to make it - so am making next weekend - i did make brownies and bread........

x

Comment

Well, its the weekend, so how'd it go?

You HAVE to add walnuts for that keruuuuunch factor
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I've made 3 this week and only got a small peice of 1 left (1 did go to one of the mums whos son we pick up as she gives me free eggs)
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Carrot cake was lush - very moist by the way - but at the moment concentrating on the cakes my friend and I and making for our new little venture.

got to make 3 victoria sponges tonight and freeze them ready for Friday.........

xx

Comment

Working...
              X