GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Carrot Cake - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carrot Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carrot Cake

weirdly though.....it actually tasted good

went a few days later asked for take away (we were catching a boat for a day trip)...expecting pizza boxes our pizza came no box wrapped in newspaper!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      As in chunks of carrot and peas!?

Yeah. Agreed.
      Sound minging, but yea - that's my interpretation of spew
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        weirdly though.....it actually tasted good !!!
        Thats just......... sick
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

....damn

charged me for the privaledge as well bastards!

Comment

Anyway back to carrot cake........

Comment

You want me to post a picture of pathment pizza........?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Carrot Cake!

1 1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
                1/2 teaspoon salt
                1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
                1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
                1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
                100g (4 oz) chopped walnuts -- optional!
                2 eggs, lightly beaten
                225g (8 oz) caster sugar
                5 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
                100ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
                1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                250g (9 oz) grated carrots
                125g (4 1/2 oz) crushed pineapple
                200g (7 oz) plain flour

(sorry I had to de-Americanize the recipe so the measurements were UK friendly!)

eat together the eggs, caster sugar and brown sugar in a bowl, and mix in the oil and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Mix flour mixture into the carrot mixture until evenly moist. Fold in 1/2 of the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared muffin tin.

Bake about 180 for roughly 25 min or until knife is clean!

I use this recipe for cupcakes too! and make a cream cheese frosting or creamcheese and orange frosting!

Comment

Mmm yummy, I'll give that a go this weekend too, will then have to hide it from my husband!

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                    Does anyone have a good recipe for Carrot Cake that they would be willing to share with moi?
                    Indeed, loose the carrots and replace with butter and full fat cream! Mmmmmmmmm Cream.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                      Ive got one... but it has pineapple in it (makes it moist... ) you want that?
                      Anything with lots of Brandy in Jen

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                        Anything with lots of Brandy in Jen
                        Slice carrots finely pour one glass of brandy... and enjoy lol

Comment

Thanks will give it a go tomorrow - do you have a recipe for the cream cheese frosting?

I'll post up a photo once i've made it

I'm also making brownies and some bread

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                            Thanks will give it a go tomorrow - do you have a recipe for the cream cheese frosting?

I'll post up a photo once i've made it

I'm also making brownies and some bread
                            Google............
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Deep sigh..........

yes obv i can do that - but i know Jen is sooooooper dooooooooper amazing cook so would prefer to use hers........

as the last time i made a cream chees frosting it was a bit erm rank

Comment

this is supposed to be a low fat version of Carrot Cake
                                but if you eat it all in one day it's not

140 mls Veg Oil
                                2 Eggs
                                200 g Light Brown Sugar
                                300 g Carrots Grated
                                100 g Raisins
                                75 g Chopped Pecans/Walnuts (optional)
                                180 g SR Flour
                                Pinch Salt
                                half tsp Bicarb of Soda
                                1 tsp Cinnamon
                                half tsp Nutmeg
                                half tsp Mixed Spice

Oven 150/gas 2
                                oil and line 13x23 cm loaf tin

Beat eggs in a large bowl, add oil, sugar, raisins and nuts.
                                siftin all dry ingredents and mix well together with large wooden or metal spoon
                                Pour into loaf tin, bake for 75 mins or until cooked in centre,

I have to put this somewhere safe to cool or its all gone before i can turn round

enjoy NW
                                Last edited by nightwatch; 1 September 2012, 13:55. Reason: tbs of salt are not correct

Comment

Working...
                                X