GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking fine. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking fine.

We have a situation in Portsmouth where there is a strip of land or rather a 50 space car park this is public owned land and is leased by the council to a property developer.

It was meant to off been built on years ago, however it was left as a car park for many years and the property developer carried on allowing free parking.

Now this property developer has handed the car park to a chum of his to manage it and he has decided to bring the clampers in yes they are clamping on land that is publicly owned and leased for building with no terms for clamping.

Yes it is a right mess legally and they have made £400.000 in the last 3 months with towing fees.

The local paper has started a campaign to get the lease withdrawn from the property developer as clearly he is using the land as a money making machine

Regards

Comment

sorry, did you say £400,000 (ie four hundred THOUSAND) in 3 months?

* Time for Niddy to reconsider his position I think - easy money does exist then eh?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

* Time for Niddy to reconsider his position I think - easy money does exist then eh?
        Want a business partner?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Theft, extortion and blackmail have long tempted those determined to leech from his fellow men - for other examples, look at the retail banks.

Unlike the banks, though, the clamping parasites are not allowed to operate in Scotland and, when Doolally Dave decides to carry out his election pledge, the vermin may be outlawed in England and Wales too.
          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 10 September 2011, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
            We have a situation in Portsmouth where there is a strip of land or rather a 50 space car park this is public owned land and is leased by the council to a property developer.

It was meant to off been built on years ago, however it was left as a car park for many years and the property developer carried on allowing free parking.

Now this property developer has handed the car park to a chum of his to manage it and he has decided to bring the clampers in yes they are clamping on land that is publicly owned and leased for building with no terms for clamping.

Yes it is a right mess legally and they have made £400.000 in the last 3 months with towing fees.

The local paper has started a campaign to get the lease withdrawn from the property developer as clearly he is using the land as a money making machine
            If the property company has broken the terms of the lease, couldn't the council seek an account of profits from them and their agents?

What signs or notices - if any - have been erected or displayed by the parking parasites and do they have planning permission to erect or display such signs or notices? If planning permission would be needed - it depends on the size and number of the notices - and no such permission had been granted, they may be ordered to remove them and, if they don't, the council can get the work done, then charge the company for the cost!

If no signs are displayed, then the clamping operation is plainly illegal even under the somewhat addled English Law.

Comment

Sorry correction £40,000 in one month is the figure quoted in the Portsmouth News and at over £200 a time tow fee it would not take long to rake up.

Still a lot of money

The news has put massive signs at the entrance beware tow away area while they seek to challenge the extortion

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/tra...onth_1_3008398
              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10 September 2011, 15:14.

Comment

there is signs but it is the usual story too small and hung high hence why the news has put big signs up at entrance to warn folk

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pol...blem_1_2902023
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10 September 2011, 15:10.

Comment

Working...
                X