GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Renault Engine wont start - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renault Engine wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault Engine wont start

Evening all.

Not my car, but can give full explanation.

Car wont turn over, just gives a loud(ish) crackling noise that sounds like its coming under/near the air filter.

Battery has been changed for a new one and issue is the same - I am thinking there may be a loose wire and is causing a short, but don't want to be pulling it apart.

It something needs replacing, that's fin so long as its not expensive.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Renault Engine wont start

Have you tried one of the many auto forums Oscar no doubt one of them would have had this fault manifest and can give you the answer.

Comment

Re: Renault Engine wont start

I have pompey yes ........ I know someone that had the issue before as well and couldn't work it out. Its obviously a short circuit, loose lead or earth fault - but its finding it. I think its one of those things, once you know what it is, you can always find it
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X