GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Motoring News - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motoring News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motoring News

AA 'to be sold off' in £5bn deal

The owners of the AA are exploring a sale of the 107-year-old motoring organisation as part of a £9bn break-up strategy.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that Acromas – the private equity-backed company which owns the AA – has appointed accountants Ernst & Young to explore the potential for a £5bn sale of the roadside assistance company. The company has been brought in to carry out pre-sales due diligence for the AA as a separate entity. Ernst & Young is also set to begin work to assess the value of Saga, the over-50s insurance company and travel agent, also owned by Acromas. A sales process for the AA is likely to launch early in the new year, once investment banks have been selected. It is the first time that Acromas has signalled publicly that the company could be split up. As recently as the company's full-year results in late July, Acromas insisted it was still looking at a stock market float of the entire group. Sources close to the process stressed that the appointment of Ernst & Young represents the first foray into a formal sales process with no final decision yet taken on how to return money to shareholders....Read more here: AA 'to be sold off' in £5bn deal
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X