GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car bought on finance and showing problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car bought on finance and showing problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I tried that after putting Lady Di’s in but it wouldn’t accept it?

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
    Hello Diana, thanks for your reply. The finance company is Suzuki Financial Services Ltd
    Then you may be looking at a potential section 75 CCA claim involving the finance provider

Di

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
    why can’t I get Colin’s name tagged on here? It doesn’t come up?
    Done above.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Colin G Quinn

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Diana Mayhew

why can’t I get Colin’s name tagged on here? It doesn’t come up?

Leave a comment:

• Stevo62
    replied
    Originally posted by seaside girl View Post
    Hi thanks, I paid the deposit on a debit card, but as you say the rest is on finance. Who is Lady or Colin please?
    Your guardian Angels

Leave a comment:

• seaside girl
    replied
    Hi thanks, I paid the deposit on a debit card, but as you say the rest is on finance. Who is Lady or Colin please?

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    I know on a credit card there is a section that you can claim on if product is not received or not fit for purpose not sure if that applies to finance agreement although it is covered by CCA I think? Best wait for Lady or Colin to answer that though.

Leave a comment:

• seaside girl
    replied
    Hi no I will not don't worry, I am positive that I do not want that car back again. I told the salesman on Friday to ask his Manager what my position is and it is now mid-afternoon on Monday and no word from them, not even an apology! I do not want the car back, nor another to replace it, just not quite sure about my legal position re that and the finance. Money is currently coming out of my bank for payments on a car I have not used nor want. I had problems with this company (mechanics side not sales) on my last car and swore I would never go back. Can only blame myself now.

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Don’t let them push you around, stand firm and don’t accept anything less than a satisfactory result. Id be inclined to request the vehicle is changed, say you have lost faith in the vehicle and you don’t feel confident that it will not cause you further misery.

Leave a comment:

• seaside girl
    replied
    Morning, many thanks for your reply. Interesting point I had not thought of, about the fact that it should not even be on the road. It is only just registered a few months ago so would not need an MOT for 3 years, however as you say it should be road worthy and fit for purpose which it is not. They have said three times that it is ok to drive yet as they have not actually rectified the fault, I cannot see how they can justify their assumptions. They seem to be doing a process of elimination and replacing a cable every time it is taken in now. Hope you get yours sorted. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    I would look at sales of goods act as I’m pretty sure it is not fit for purpose in the condition it was sold for simple reason any vehicle that has a critical dash warning light will not pass an MoT. So if they can’t find the problem then it will never be road legal.

have you also raised this with Suzuki Uk CustomerServices@suzuki.co.uk I have a similar issue with an ex demo van (different Mfr) I purchased, the head office is now looking for a new replacement only mine wasn’t on finance so you have an even stronger stance.

Leave a comment:

• seaside girl
    replied
    Hi yes thanks, I had a good look at the Act, could have read it all day as very absorbing. I am sure I will find the help I need to go forward this week.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    Hiya - glad you managed to post up here. Sorry I couldn't help more - it's not my area of expertise but hopefully you'll get the right info here.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• seaside girl
    replied
    Hi Diana I have been studying the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that you mentioned, very interesting reading and totally what I needed to find, but didn't know how. I am friends with Niddy outside AAD and have messaged him on facebook re this. His expert knowledge rubs off on you after a time so you partly know what to look for.

From what I see that affects my situation, although I am no legal person here and may be 'totally' wrong:
    Section 9 (3) (a) (c) and (d)
    Section 13 (b)
    Section 19 (3) (a)
    Reasonable time to repair them and significant inconvenience to consumer comes in, due to the ongoing stress this is giving me, as I do have serious health problems which are worsened by stress. The chap I spoke to at Suzuki Finance was 'very' interested in what my health problems were. Since taking collection I have immediately been trying to sort this problem out with the dealership's garage and have it repaired. They have constantly told me it is safe to drive, even though they actually have not yet found the reason for the airbag light to be on.
    Section 24 (5) (a) significant inconvenience to consumer and final right to reject
    (10) (a)
    and lastly 'within first 6 months' mentioned in 11(a)

I am waiting the car dealership manager and Suzuki Finance complaints dept to contact me tomorrow. I think instead of going along with them repairing it, I should just say no more and state I wish to reject the car. However this is where I need the expertise on here so I know my rights in this situation. Many thanks
    Last edited by seaside girl; 18 October 2020, 10:13.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X