GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script anxiety panic depression and migraine aura - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anxiety panic depression and migraine aura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anxiety panic depression and migraine aura

Hiya Spent2Much

Just popped onto your thread to see how your getting on, by what I've read your doing really well ,don't be disappointed about not being able to take BIG steps, I always say baby steps are just as good you'll still get there. You will have setbacks i did ,nobody had told me that would happen (,so I'm telling you) I felt so useless and defeated at the time but I plodded on , but with each setback I became a little stronger and you will too .

Well done on your success so far and remember that the people on this site are so kind and understanding ,lean on them ,that'll strengthen you as well.

My sisters favourite saying is " it's good to talk",and I would agree with her.

Take care
    Sosadxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
      Hiya Spent2Much

Just popped onto your thread to see how your getting on, by what I've read your doing really well ,don't be disappointed about not being able to take BIG steps, I always say baby steps are just as good you'll still get there. You will have setbacks i did ,nobody had told me that would happen (,so I'm telling you) I felt so useless and defeated at the time but I plodded on , but with each setback I became a little stronger and you will too .

Well done on your success so far and remember that the people on this site are so kind and understanding ,lean on them ,that'll strengthen you as well.

My sisters favourite saying is " it's good to talk",and I would agree with her.

Take care
      Sosadxxx
      thank you , at the funeral yesterday I arranged to take piano again with my husbands cousin next year, I used to play piano when I was a little girl but because of the anxiety and panic disorder I stopped playing and I just thought that yesterday it was meant to be that I start playing again as it was out of the blue she mentioned she teaches , well I just knew I had to book some lessons, it will keep me occupied and fulfil a dream that was stolen away from me as a child and I love playing music, when I get good enough I can play something when we have friends round and have a sing song lol .

The stupid thing is that I panicked a bit when I arranged the first lesson because I didn't want to be on my own and my hubby sensed it and said 'don't worry I will be there with you until you feel confident enough ' he is a good man and for the first time in our marriage we actually discussed the panic disorder properly and he said no matter how long it takes he will help me through it and be with me until I feel I can do things on my own again .

Comment

S2M do you have children? If yes, did you find you felt better when they were younger and you HAD to go out etc etc?

Good news on the piano lessons!! way to go!

Comment

Hiya Spent2Much,

That last paragraph brought a wee tear , so so good that you're able to talk to your husband and so lovely for him to say to you "he's going to be there for you no matter how long it takes". THAt's the kind of support you need !!

You're doing so well ,in such a short space of time .just remember you'll get support from the good people on this site and you go and fulfill your dream,playing music can actually be quite calming.

Ps wish I could play the piano ,but I've only got wee stubby fingers lol!!!

Take care
          Sosadxxx

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
            S2M do you have children? If yes, did you find you felt better when they were younger and you HAD to go out etc etc?

Good news on the piano lessons!! way to go!
            my kids are 27and 23 now I have a grandson who is 2 in January , I haven't really had any confidence going out on my own even when the boys were young I have had this condition since being 5 years old .

Comment

Hiya Spent2Much,

That last paragraph brought a wee tear , so so good that you're able to talk to your husband and so lovely for him to say to you "he's going to be there for you no matter how long it takes". THAt's the kind of support you need !!

You're doing so well ,in such a short space of time .just remember you'll get support from the good people on this site and you go and fulfill your dream,playing music can actually be quite calming.

Ps wish I could play the piano ,but I've only got wee stubby fingers lol!!!

Take care
              Sosadxxx
              thank you you should change your name to so happy

Comment

went for counseling today, i hated it feel like my private life is being analyzed. I felt uncomfortable and felt the need to talk a lot to break the silence , she said my problems are deep rooted and wants me to go back again , but i don't know if i can i feel so awkward .

Comment

Hiya Spent2 Much

That's what counselling is all about you do the talking and the counsellor listens ,but remember it is in strict confidence .
                  I felt the same as you when I first went and didn't say too much until I felt comfortable with my counsellor ,he was very patient he didn't say anything ,never prompted me, just sat there until I was ready to talk .

You will feel uncomfortable and awkward as it isn't " normal" to open up to a complete stranger, telling her your deepest feelings , it won't be easy but bear with it , once you have built up trust between you and your counsellor it will become less awkward and easier to open up.

It's your counsellors job to listen ,don't feel you should talk take it at your own pace
                  don't feel awkward (remember your counsellor does this everyday) She may help you relax by doing deep breathing exercises , relaxation tapes etc.

I go on forums with people that have or are going through the same horrible feelings and that makes me feel Im not the only one going through panic/ anxiety attacks, also they describe their feelings and sometimes I can relate to them and think " ok so I'm not having a heart attack!!)

Be kind to yourself ,don't go around trying to do everything for everyone .I do know how you are feeling and what you are going through ,remember you're not alone .

Take care
                  Sosad xx ((((sending you big hugs))))
                  Last edited by Sosad; 29 January 2014, 00:29.

Comment

Hiya Spent2 Much

That's what counselling is all about you do the talking and the counsellor listens ,but remember it is in strict confidence .
                    I felt the same as you when I first went and didn't say too much until I felt comfortable with my counsellor ,he was very patient he didn't say anything ,never prompted me, just sat there until I was ready to talk .

You will feel uncomfortable and awkward as it isn't " normal" to open up to a complete stranger, telling her your deepest feelings , it won't be easy but bear with it , once you have built up trust between you and your counsellor it will become less awkward and easier to open up.

It's your counsellors job to listen ,don't feel you should talk take it at your own pace
                    don't feel awkward (remember your counsellor does this everyday) She may help you relax by doing deep breathing exercises , relaxation tapes etc.

I go on forums with people that have or are going through the same horrible feelings and that makes me feel Im not the only one going through panic/ anxiety attacks, also they describe their feelings and sometimes I can relate to them and think " ok so I'm not having a heart attack!!)

Be kind to yourself ,don't go around trying to do everything for everyone .I do know how you are feeling and what you are going through ,remember you're not alone .

Take care
                    Sosad xx ((((sending you big hugs))))
                    Thank you , the thing with me is that i hate it being quiet it gives me anxiety and panic. I don't know how i will feel about going as it isn't for another 6 weeks as she is having an operation and is having time off.

Comment

Working...
                    X