GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script anxiety panic depression and migraine aura - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anxiety panic depression and migraine aura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anxiety panic depression and migraine aura

Originally posted by Trumpet View Post
    For what it's worth (and I know each case is different) I used to suffer with horrendous, debilitating migraines until about a year ago. As part of a check up it was found that my blood pressure was unhealthily high.

I was prescribed some medication to bring it under control and have not had a single migraine since. Previously I was getting two or three a month. As if the visual disturbance and pain wasn't enough, mine were always accompanied by violent nausea. So much so that I couldn't take tablets after it had started because I couldn't keep them down.

Hopefully, you'll see some benefit like this too. You've been given some brilliant support and advice on here - I hope things improve for you very quickly.
    Hi thats great news about teh migraines, i dont have high blood pressure but i have been prescribed a blood pressure medication , my friend just called he is a GP and he said the medication is good and i should try it just to see .

Citalopram
    Popranolol

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Sending you

You've had a lot to deal with over the last couple of years so I'm not surprised that you're suffering with migraine and anxiety attacks. I've suffered with both so I understand.

It's good that you're looking for other ways to alleviate your symptoms than medication but don't dismiss the medication, it can help.

I've had hypnotherapy and counselling which has really helped. As others have said, doing something for YOU, keeping busy and exercise (I just walk the dog) are great ways of overcoming anxiety.

If you're restricting your diet yet still having the migraine attacks then maybe you're restricting it too much? Someone I know suffered terribly with migraines but got great relief by doing the paleo diet. Maybe it's worth considering?

You've also got the great support of members on here
      thank you yes i do have great support her

Comment

Those pills work as anti anxiety pills too.. like beta blockers..

My son gets terrible headaches, it starts when his anxiety starts.. you know the 'rock in your neck' feeling? Then if he doesn't release the tension (by crying or running or dancing) he ends up with a headache. Most days he returns from school with a horrid head and I get him to dance or run or tickle it out of him (he is 10)

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
          Those pills work as anti anxiety pills too.. like beta blockers..

My son gets terrible headaches, it starts when his anxiety starts.. you know the 'rock in your neck' feeling? Then if he doesn't release the tension (by crying or running or dancing) he ends up with a headache. Most days he returns from school with a horrid head and I get him to dance or run or tickle it out of him (he is 10)
          bless him i hope he get cured before he reaches adulthood its a horrible condition to live it i remember my childhood days being stolen from me because of panic and anxiety but there are better treatments these days i remember being given Mogadon which knocked me out completley and the diazepam which caused more anxiety thats where my phobia of medication came from and i still can't bring myself to take anything other paracetomol for pain , how sad am i

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            It goes back further than two years then.... that's something to think about Hun.

Many of our anxieties/behaviours can be traced back to some kind of trauma but when you've had them since childhood, it's more difficult to connect with those memories and this is sometimes because the brain blocks them off as a coping strategy. If you have the right kind of counsellor (there are different types), they will be able to unlock these and encourage you to move forward.

Counselling in itself does not give you solutions though; counsellors are not supposed to offer them to you, is what I mean. What it does is to encourage you to talk and by doing so, counsellors will draw things out of you to get a fuller picture of what's going on.... so you can discover your own solutions along the way. If you have deeper issues, your GP may decide to refer you to a therapist instead, who will do more intensive work with you to try and get to the bottom of things.... This can take a long time and can often be painful for people, so please don't try and rush things if this is the case. :-)

I'm glad that you had a good night's sleep last night. Sometimes it's a relief just to know that you're not alone with your troubles. :-)
            thank you I have my first appointment 28th January , there are many bad things that have happened to me which I couldn't mention on here which have and do still plague me at times I want to move on and I want to be back at work again but I cant even do that right now I feel safe at home , if I even walk to shop for a loaf of bread I can feel the panic starting and if someone speaks to me in the shop and tries to engage in conversation about something I can feel my breathing getting bad and I want run out of the shop, it happened last Wednesday when I was at band practice I was fine while singing but once the key board player started talking to me about just everyday things I felt panic rising into my throat and I wanted to get out I don't know why this happens because its a normal thing to do and I haven't always had this . I saw a counsellor back in 1996 and I remember running out as I had a panic attack and it was a man who was the counsellor I felt uneasy with him so this time its a woman I hope I feel more relaxed and don't panic . Strange thing panic isn't it ?

Comment

I've had propanolol in the past which didn't really do anything for me. I'm currently prescribed citalopram to help with night sweats but an additional benefit is that it helps with the anxiety.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Spent2Much

Didn't want to read and run , your doing the best thing to help you on your road to recovery ,talking about it ,and finding others who know exactly how you feel . That feeling of knowing your not the only one suffering these panic / anxiety attacks can be empowering . It's not silly to mourn for your cat ,it was part of your family ,so cry for it just as you would for any of your family .
                I understand what you are going through ,not nice and very scary ,but your on the road to recovery with some of the things you have already taken on , it will not happen overnight but you'll get there .
                Take care of yourself
                Sosadxxx

Comment

((( hug ))) SoSad... I think you need a new name for the new year... a positive one to reflect the real you! xxx

Comment

Hiya Patchouli,

Thanks for the hug ,perhaps I'll change my name when I become more positive maybe some day soon

Take care
                    Sosadxx

Ps Just wanted to add you sound like a very loving ,understanding Mum xx

Comment

aww thank you... I'm sure they'd add crazy in there somewhere! lol

I think the path to feeling positive will come when you log on with a positive name... like... A Smile a Day! ... I'm sure you do have one... (( hug )) you need lots of cuddles..

Comment

Originally posted by Sosad View Post
                        Hiya Spent2Much

Didn't want to read and run , your doing the best thing to help you on your road to recovery ,talking about it ,and finding others who know exactly how you feel . That feeling of knowing your not the only one suffering these panic / anxiety attacks can be empowering . It's not silly to mourn for your cat ,it was part of your family ,so cry for it just as you would for any of your family .
                        I understand what you are going through ,not nice and very scary ,but your on the road to recovery with some of the things you have already taken on , it will not happen overnight but you'll get there .
                        Take care of yourself
                        Sosadxxx
                        thank you x

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          I've had propanolol in the past which didn't really do anything for me. I'm currently prescribed citalopram to help with night sweats but an additional benefit is that it helps with the anxiety.
                          does the citalopram give you any side effects ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                            Hi thats great news about teh migraines, i dont have high blood pressure but i have been prescribed a blood pressure medication , my friend just called he is a GP and he said the medication is good and i should try it just to see .

Citalopram
                            Popranolol
                            Propanalol is for blood pressure but you may hallucinate on it, so be mindful of that. Citalopram is to regulate your moods but it can sometimes take time to get the right level for yourself. What kind of side effects are you experiencing from Citalopram?

thank you I have my first appointment 28th January , there are many bad things that have happened to me which I couldn't mention on here which have and do still plague me at times I want to move on and I want to be back at work again but I cant even do that right now I feel safe at home , if I even walk to shop for a loaf of bread I can feel the panic starting and if someone speaks to me in the shop and tries to engage in conversation about something I can feel my breathing getting bad and I want run out of the shop, it happened last Wednesday when I was at band practice I was fine while singing but once the key board player started talking to me about just everyday things I felt panic rising into my throat and I wanted to get out I don't know why this happens because its a normal thing to do and I haven't always had this . I saw a counsellor back in 1996 and I remember running out as I had a panic attack and it was a man who was the counsellor I felt uneasy with him so this time its a woman I hope I feel more relaxed and don't panic . Strange thing panic isn't it ?
                            The bad things that have happened to you in the past are things that you may be asked to look at as part of your counselling/therapy. If you are not comfortable doing this, then no-one will push you... but it means that it will be difficult to help you come to terms with things in your past that are still affecting you now. Many people push things into the back of their psyche in order to keep going and it can often be a painful journey to start bringing some of these feelings out into the open... but please try. How would you feel about doing this?

I agree that you need to feel comfortable talking to whoever is appointed to see you.... so if you don't feel comfortable with you current counsellor, spend some time thinking about why that could be before going back to your GP.
                            Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              Propanalol is for blood pressure but you may hallucinate on it, so be mindful of that. Citalopram is to regulate your moods but it can sometimes take time to get the right level for yourself. What kind of side effects are you experiencing from Citalopram?

The bad things that have happened to you in the past are things that you may be asked to look at as part of your counselling/therapy. If you are not comfortable doing this, then no-one will push you... but it means that it will be difficult to help you come to terms with things in your past that are still affecting you now. Many people push things into the back of their psyche in order to keep going and it can often be a painful journey to start bringing some of these feelings out into the open... but please try. How would you feel about doing this?

I agree that you need to feel comfortable talking to whoever is appointed to see you.... so if you don't feel comfortable with you current counsellor, spend some time thinking about why that could be before going back to your GP.
                              I haven't taken any of the medication yet because of my phobia and my doctor told me to only take them when I feel ready , I am okay about talking about the bad things that happened to me I think because it was a man last time I was unable to talk and that caused me to panic

Comment

does the citalopram give you any side effects ?
                                No S2M. I haven't side effects with the citalopram.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X