GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CKD/Neph App - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CKD/Neph App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CKD/Neph App

My hospital neph appt went well yesterday, he explained to me what they believe the problems are with my kidneys.

When I had my scan previously there it had shown my one kidney was noticably larger than the other, now going through my records he could see I was a sufferer of bad kidney infections as a child, so the smallest kidney is the one with the main damage of scar tissue, this is called "Reflux kidney" (Disease), and over the years where my blood pressure went out of control, this put stress on my already damaged kidney(s).

So now at least there is a name for it and reason for why its happened.

However, with me still being stable, I dont go back now for another 6 months!

He has also said to come off the statins and he is writing to my dr to say due to all normal readings they are taking me off them for a while, as long as i continue to do what i am doing with watching what i eat etc. He does not really like kidney patients taking statins as it can put stress on them further.

Overall a good appointment, and I am to have a cholesterol test in 4 months and bloods in 6 months just before my next follow up neph appt.

Thank you everyone for al your kind words of support x

Comment

I'm so pleased for you Di and have my fingers crossed that the cholesterol test is fine too in 4 months time
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That's good news Di, I hope everything continues to be on an even keel.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all so much xxx

Comment

Good news Di, must be a relief for you x
            Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hi folks

hope all are well x

I haven't been on so much as been up and down with colds, body aches etc...and been feeling chronically tired, so my concentration haven't been there as much lol.

Feeling better than what I was now thankfully.

However, had my recent bloods done and all still stable at stage 3 CKD, dropped by a few numbers but nothing extreme, all other blood lab results appear to be in range apart from my WBC where the count should not be over 11 mine came in at 12.3, this however, is highly due to being poorly recently.
              I have my coming nephrologist appt on 13th Oct and assume all tests will be done again, hopefully the WBC will be back in normal range, fingers crossed.

As many of you will know WBC if the result comes in too high, then it means there are more white cells that red blood cells, it could be down to a number of things, like infection, sickness, or even stress from what I was informed.

Apart from feeling tired overall am doing just fine.

Comment

I am sorry to hear you've been poorly Di

I have my fingers crossed for the 13th Oct too xx

Comment

Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Have seen the new thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...erious-Illness
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you x x

I am getting there, been off and on but am keeping positive.

I shall get myself on that thread, thank you x x

Comment

Its that time again,more hospital appointments lol.

I have already practically lived at my Dr's on and off for the past few months, but getting those important bloods done 13th April and Hospital 16th April, hope all still shows stable, as been up and down lately with so much tiredness, was told to rest when feeling tired, I have been doing that but will not give in either :-) things to be done and I will not allow anything to stop me..........positive is the word x x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        Its that time again,more hospital appointments lol.

I have already practically lived at my Dr's on and off for the past few months, but getting those important bloods done 13th April and Hospital 16th April, hope all still shows stable, as been up and down lately with so much tiredness, was told to rest when feeling tired, I have been doing that but will not give in either :-) things to be done and I will not allow anything to stop me..........positive is the word x x

Comment

I hope all goes well with your tests

Comment

Glad to hear you're being positive Di. Good luck with the blood tests x
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thank you everyone :-) x x x x

Comment

Sorry for the delay in posting.

Unfortunately,my kidney function has been declining on further tests, but am getting more regular monitoring. I will be fine and determined, Staying positive,and again thanks again everyone x

Comment

Working...
                                X