GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hysterectomy advice please.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hysterectomy advice please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hysterectomy advice please....

having had natural hot flushes, nothing really helped, they were a total pain in the butt, i sometimes looked like I had been swimming, my hair was wet and it used to run down my temples, which was a major pain as my job involved presenting to varying amounts of people, I took to scraping my hair back so that if it got wet it wasn't so noticeable. Nothing to be done about the big red face though. I didn't take HRT though, not happy taking stuff if I really can do without......................

Comment

When you find out please can you let me know. The problem for me is that I can't take HRT or herbal preparations containing phyto-oestrogens.

I have started drinking green tea (with lemon)
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        having had natural hot flushes, nothing really helped, they were a total pain in the butt, i sometimes looked like I had been swimming, my hair was wet and it used to run down my temples, which was a major pain as my job involved presenting to varying amounts of people, I took to scraping my hair back so that if it got wet it wasn't so noticeable. Nothing to be done about the big red face though. I didn't take HRT though, not happy taking stuff if I really can do without......................
        Feel the same about HRT, although my sister has been on it for years.... came off it for a bit and felt like sh*t.... so went on it again. Having spent years juggling nasty hormone effects, I'm reluctant to put any back in! I get the flushes at night mainly, so sleeping is difficult at times. I'm looking at a herbal supplement or something but not sure if there's anything out there.....

The joys of being a woman eh?
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          When you find out please can you let me know. The problem for me is that I can't take HRT or herbal preparations containing phyto-oestrogens.

I have started drinking green tea (with lemon)
          I was looking at green tea capsules or raspberry ketones to control weight after menopause. Phyto-oestrogens sound a bit scary Pix.... not sure I'd want to take them either but I know you have other medical issues going on at the moment Hun. x
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Phyto-oestrogens are the active ingredients in herbal supplements such as back cohosh and red clover.

There's some evidence that some anti-depressant medication can help with night sweats but (as you will have read!) they can have side effects. My doctor mentioned a drug called Clonidine but I've just read this
            Clonidine

Clonidine used to be very popular in the past for the treatment of the menopause. However, there is no good evidence that it is beneficial in improving symptoms. It frequently causes side-effects such as dry mouth, drowsiness, dizziness and feeling sick. It is therefore not commonly used any more.
            about it so I don't think I'll bother!

I'm looking into acupuncture as it's supposed to be beneficial to hot flushes/night sweats..and it doesn't have any side effects!

Comment

OMG.... what a nightmare!

I've just been looking at Starflower oil though, which seems to have good reviews. I'm reluctant to take anti-depressants when I'm not depressed and especially when I've managed to avoid them during really difficult times in life. A friend of mine has been on them for over 25 years!! That's another story though....

I think I will give the Starflower oil a go..... along with Raspberry ketones for weight control.... and the multi-vitamins and thyroid meds I already take. I will be rattling soon!!
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                OMG.... what a nightmare!

I've just been looking at Starflower oil though, which seems to have good reviews. I'm reluctant to take anti-depressants when I'm not depressed and especially when I've managed to avoid them during really difficult times in life. A friend of mine has been on them for over 25 years!! That's another story though....

I think I will give the Starflower oil a go..... along with Raspberry ketones for weight control.... and the multi-vitamins and thyroid meds I already take. I will be rattling soon!!
                I'm the same with the anti-depressants. And they all have side effects which I don't want especially as I have enough side effects from the medication I have to take.

I hope that whatever you decide to take works for you P1.

Like you said, who'd be a woman!

Comment

Soya based foods are supposed to help and CoQ10 for general health. These were recommended for my sister after her operation and she feels fantastic on them.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                    Soya based foods are supposed to help and CoQ10 for general health. These were recommended for my sister after her operation and she feels fantastic on them.
                    I saw that CoQ10 and will look into it. I've already placed on order though so may leave it for a while and see how I get on with the rest... Thank you Cym
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

I've been waiting for my hot flushes to kick in since I started treatment and so far they're not too bad...by the time I've whipped my jumper off I'm cool again
                      I do drink green tea (with honey) and have done for the last year or so, it's my first drink of the day, so maybe there is some benefit from that.

Comment

Green tea. I agree I work on the philosophy that I start the day with something good and then go down hill rapidly!

Comment

Same here...My day ends with wine...

Comment

My daughter drank green tea and spent the next two days running back and forth to the loo..... lol I've got some at home but thought the tablets would be easier. Having said that, I've gone with raspberry ketones instead this time 'coz they were on offer. If they don't work, I'll switch to green tea.
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

I drink green tea all the time, but mainly through now, drink the tea cos I like it. Tried black cohosh but it didn't work. One thing is I'm never very cold, it's got to be really really cold for me to notice, saving a fortune on the heating.........................................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                                I drink green tea all the time, but mainly through now, drink the tea cos I like it. Tried black cohosh but it didn't work. One thing is I'm never very cold, it's got to be really really cold for me to notice, saving a fortune on the heating.........................................
                                You're lucky. I can swing from being absolutely freezing to boiling hot in a nanosecond

Comment

Working...
                                X