GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hysterectomy advice please.... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hysterectomy advice please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hysterectomy advice please....

Not something I've had to go through but wishing you all the best with it P1..and Pixie too if it comes to it... xxx

Comment

**Update**

Well, it's been confirmed that a hysterectomy will be the best way forward and it'll probably be around November time. I have to have injections in my butt every month before then though to bring on the menopause and hopefully shrink the fibroid, or they may have to do a vertical cut instead of a horizontal one. I've had the first injection..... which was ok.... and have been waiting for "symptoms" but as it's so hot, I'm not sure if I'm flushing or just baking..... lol

I'm not telling my boss about the op. until the summer break is over.... :-)
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Dear me, it would be hard to tell the difference in this weather wouldn't it?
        At least you've got a time scale now for getting this out of the way, all the waiting and tests wears you down doesn't it?
        Best of luck honey xxx

Comment

Thanks Elsa :-) x
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Best wishes from me too P1

Comment

Just thought I would update this thread to let you all know I'll be going in for the op. at the end of this month. Although the first injection was ok, the second one took most of my energy away and by the third one, I had nothing left to give, so going to work for a prat of a boss (and his sidekick) has been a huge struggle.

I'm getting a bit nervous about it but know that it's for the best.... I just need to try and get sorted at home as much as possible beforehand because I'll be good for nothing after.

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Good luck for the op P1
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thank you Hun.... big hugs to you and all you're dealing with too....
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thank you
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

P1 just make sure that you follow all the advice given re rest after the op. My sister took life very very easy after her op and made a full recovery a lot quicker than some people who 'soldiered on'.

Comment

All the best, P1. I'm sure that you'll look back in a couple of months and be so glad that you went through it. One thing you could do for yourself is start preparing double the amount when you cook (bolognese, stews, chilli, pies, quiches etc are all good) and freeze half. Then, when you are post-op it will be so much easier to just chuck a meal in the microwave or oven.

Allocate tasks now to others, so you don't feel like you are having to do anything strenuous and so that they get used to how it will be when you come out of hospital; think about a rota for housework and shopping etc.

Keep your tasks to a minimum, ie. preparing shopping lists, dusting the telly, drinking tea

Sending hugs xx
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you folks.... I will be sensible because the thought of having to go in for a "repair" is too scary and just not worth the risk....
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Best wishes from me too P1, hope it all goes well for you. Take care

Fredbare

Comment

Well, I had the op. last week and came home on Saturday morning, armed with a week's supply of blood thinning injections.... I was a quivering wreck going down to theatre. Not really sure why.... but the staff were excellent and did their best to help. It probably had a lot to do with being first to go down; which I wasn't expecting but still a huge contrast to a different op. I had 10 years ago when I woke up not even realising they'd done anything!

The op. went well and I have a hip-to-hip scar rather than a vertical one, which I thought they'd done because of the size of the fibroid (didn't ask for 2 days). The fibroid was difficult to remove, as it was the size of a football and equivalent to being 6 months pregnant.... which was a bit of a shocker! That's like being pregnant for YEARS.... no wonder I was knackered!! I also woke up in horrendous pain afterwards and vaguely remember shouting out "It's noooooot wooooorking"!!!! while thrashing my hands around.... but the pain went away probably a lot quicker than it seemed at the time.

My stomach is a lot, lot flatter now despite the swelling and although still very tired, I'm beginning to feel quite good in myself. I'm doing very little (as expected), apart from watching TV, going on the laptop, talking to friends/family, etc..... and I have no staples!!! Result!!

Having so much time to myself, I've now decided to look for another job as there's no way I'm returning to my current shit hole in 12 weeks.... If I'm not successful though, I will request a meeting with my current employer and let him know of the changes he needs to make for the situation to be manageable. If he doesn't make them, I'll be off sick again.... so he needs to be realistic about things.
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

I'm so pleased you're OK P1 and I have my fingers crossed for an exciting new job next year
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X