GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script can't sleep.com - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't sleep.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't sleep.com

As the title suggests, I'm wide awake, at nearly 4am! This may pose as a little problem in a few hours when I need to get up & get ready for work. And this is even after I've cut caffeine out, heaven knows what I'd be like if I had a caffeinated tea/coffee!
    Is anyone else awake, such as on night shifts? Any suggestions on how I might nod off?!? I'm getting bored of listening to my dear husband snore & counting endless sheep!
    JC x

Re: can't sleep.com

I suffer from insomnia and seem to operate ok I found a hypnosis cd relaxs me even if I don't sleep my body feels rested x

Comment

Well, I saw 5.15 come & go when my husband went off to work & think I must have dropped off shortly afterwards, only to hear my own alarm telling me to wake up at 7.30. Hum ho, maybe I'll sleep a bit better tonight & will try listening to music.
      Last edited by Jacobs Cracker; 11 October 2012, 07:22.

Comment

There are lots of mp3 or cd's available now, I worked stupid shift patterns for years and found a "sounds of the seas " one did it for me,

Comment

I'm another that suffers from insomnia but I read when I can't sleep...though I've heard that's a bad thing to do as it keeps your mind active.

Night Nurse has been knocking me out the last few nights but I didn't take any last night as my cold was getting better...and I spent half the night awake and I'm feeling shattered now and it's only 9.30am!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
            stupid shift patterns for years
            I think you've hit the nail on the head there, I've done day / night shifts & switching from to the other for nearly 20 years (eek, I feel old now!). I'm happy doing nights, but hate the switch back to days, wish I could just stick.

Comment

Working...
            X