Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOLUME

I need volume in my hairdo for upcoming royal wedding

anyone know of anything (other than an electric shock) to give very fine shiny hair enough oomf to hold my fascinator (I'm already thought of a ten inch nail but it may impair a few things)

Re: VOLUME

What about using volumising mousse on wet hair, dry upside down, loads of hairspray?!

Comment

Have you tried back-coming the under layers? Very 60's, I know, but it works, is free to try and you only need a comb and some hairspray.
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

I have very fine hair too MrsD.

The hairdresser put my fascinators in for both DDs' weddings. She backcombed the under layers like Diddles says and the fascinators stayed put all day.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Get a wig...
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another thread you're banned from Deepie!!
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Mrs D if you google 'how to back comb fine hair' you will see loads of youtube clips and they may help too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                Get a wig...
                believe it or not the hairdresser did suggest a piece and some toilet roll.............................

have tried the backcombing this morning and it wasn't bad, DD took a photo or the finished item and we'll show it to her next week, it looked fine until I stepped out in the wind and rain, then it just looked a trifle lopsided, God knows where the fascinator would have ended up to-day

Comment

Try spray wax as this will give texture to your hair and you can tease it out to give you volume
                  I'm an official AAD Researcher and also a volunteer, but I don't manage the day to day running of the forum. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here.

Comment

I will have a go at all of these

bought a selection of concoctions to-day

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      I will have a go at all of these

bought a selection of concoctions to-day
                      Don't use them all at once

Comment

end up with a big load of toffee on my head

Comment

Could be the start of a new trend

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                            end up with a big load of toffee on my head
                            At least your fascinator will stay put

Comment

Dirty hair works better for up dos wash hair night before add mousse then next day go get it up do!

Comment

Working...
                              X