GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dual citizenship - USA / UK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual citizenship - USA / UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dual citizenship - USA / UK

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Havent been since the TSA took over, and from what ive read about them, i dont plan to either.
    I go through the US entry system 4 times a year, to be fair like with any official body. You get good and bad, some of the TSA guys are ok, some are real . Like I said earlier I have TSA security clearance, but I still feel uneasy when I go through the entry process, it pays not to make any smart comments and just give simple answers to any questions they ask, if they don't like the answer you give them they have the power to send you to a transit lounge and put you on the next plane home, there is no appeal process, no shouting "I demand to see your boss" ..if the guy on the desk says you can't come in you go home simple as.....

Comment

I just wanted to know if they HAD to have both....

Comment

No in answer
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
          I just wanted to know if they HAD to have both....
          Apologies patchouli for high jacking your thread with pointless US immigration trivia.

Comment

TSA suck seriously -- when I had my op I had implants with metal tags in them set off the alarm I refused to go through the body scan as its radiation and frankly i wasn't going through it.. Josh was about 18months and I wasn't letting him go through it either they made me strip it was disgusting.

Comment

You may or may not be able to.

But certainly lots of people are so people in general can so long as they meet the requirements off both countries.

Generally UK citizens who go to live in the US end up as dual citizens. Americans in the UK are less likely to be dual as many will drop their US citizenship as it’s quite toxic to have as it means the US still owns you and taxes you even if you don’t live there etc where as obviously British people are their own person and not in anyway owned by the government to tax even when living abroad etc.

Comment

Working...
              X