GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son stopped by police/over driving limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Son stopped by police/over driving limit

My son left today, in ready for the course for tomorrow, it will take almost 3 hours from here, but by staying with his GF in her lodgings in Middlesex due to attending uni there, he will be staying with her tonight and travelling to the course will take just over One hour and 15 mins.

Wise me thinks, as I understand London and Thames Valley are very busy roads at most times.
    He has taken his SAT NAV as well, just hope it doesn't play up for this this time............oops!

Comment

Di,

Give him a call in the morning just to remind him to allow plenty of time to get there so he does not have to put his foot down.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        Di,

Give him a call in the morning just to remind him to allow plenty of time to get there so he does not have to put his foot down.
        I suppose that could be quite ironic ...

"where do you think you are going in such a hurry son"

"a speed awareness course officer"
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Di,

Thank you Pompey, yes I will definately be doing that.

I understand it will be an hour and 15 mins for him to reach there from where he is staying, and the course starts at 11:45 am, but he has to be there 15 mins earlier - for them to go through all the particulars.

He did say he would make his tracks about 9 o clock and maybe call into a cafe that supposed to be across the road from the venue if he gets there too early.
          I know they will not allow them in the gates any earlier.

They are definately busy roads though, so definately worth being in the area earlier rather than later.
          However, if late they will not allow him to go any further, then it will be back to a fine and points.

Thanks hon x

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            I suppose that could be quite ironic ...

"where do you think you are going in such a hurry son"

"a speed awareness course officer"

LOL now that would be typical wouldn't it?

Comment

Am panicking now, just like my son, on the A406 Brent cross, the road he was on there was an incident of a collapsed manhole, and major repairs were taking place, no other road to go, he text me at 10:50 to say he has 35 mins drive left, going by the SAT NAV!

He actually left at Half 8 from Middlesex this morning.
              Feel sick now! Just hope he makes it there on time.

Comment

Just after I posted above, he text me to confirm he got there, phew thank goodness.

Comment

All done and it went well.

He said there were about 20 of them and the guys from the AA that done the course were pretty good and treated them like adults.

I will know more later when he comes home, but for now he's gone back to Middlesex to see his GF for an hour or 2, or at least until the works traffic eases.

Comment

Online e-learning almost complete, he has one to complete at the end of the week with 14 days to spare to date today, and so far passed them all.

Comment

Full course completed which includes the online youngdriver e-learning and message received that he passed all of them, and now the penalty fine will be cancelled...........YAY!

Comment

Di,

Well Done to your son and is a weight off his mind, I bet he enjoyed it I know I did as it was quiet an eye opener.

BTW Nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Di,

Well Done to your son and is a weight off his mind, I bet he enjoyed it I know I did as it was quiet an eye opener.

BTW Nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Pompey, yes he did seem to enjoy it and he admitted even learning something new with them, which I think is fab, so just as long as he behaves himself now.

Oh yes, feeling very Christmasy now lol., cheers honey xx

Comment

luckily i do not have to worry about speeding. I drive a 4x4 with a petrol engine, 60mph is a mere pipedream!
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
                              luckily i do not have to worry about speeding. I drive a 4x4 with a petrol engine, 60mph is a mere pipedream!

Sounds nice

Comment

Working...
                              X