GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son stopped by police/over driving limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Some good news, well better news anyway lol, the Fixed penalty unit got back and said the officer was wrong to have offered my son the course, as he was a little over the criteria speed, and because of that they are now willing to offer the course again and cancel the fixed penalty fine and points,

Very lucky I say, and I told him he had better learn from this because I can't be there to bail him out forever, he's my son and I love him to bits but he's older now and should know better.

Thank you for all your support folks, this one has been eating me. xxx

Comment

That's good news Di.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

superb news Di well done

Comment

Di,

Well done, I think probably the officer knew your son was a little over the speed to qualify for the course it was after all to them simple law.

The officer no doubt took all the road conditions into account and decided to air on the side of caution hoping that your son would challenge it which you did.

Well done to that officer if the above was the case.

I now wish your son good luck with the course and hope that he takes it all in and learns from it, because if that is the case it will be a good result all round.

Regards
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 2 November 2011, 13:45.

Comment

Thank you all so much!

Pompey, I was thinking the same, and it helped because he also jotted down his name on the bottom of the course leaflet.

Bet he had a right rollocking over it though .

Am happy my son is offered the course and I'm sure it will be an eye opener for him too, here's hoping, cheers xx

Comment

nice one, well done Di for your perseverance here..... i'd have said to my eldest, deal with it yourself and learn from it. But then again, maybe i'd have done exactly what you've done - well done, good result
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Now get him to trade in his hot rod for a Reliant Robin.

Comment

LOL Niddy, I think its just one of those things, because they are our kids, no matter how old they are, and cheers for that, I would not settle until it was sorted.

LOL CleverClogs, yeah he had better get one on order me thinks lmao

Comment

All booked and paid for!

28 November, the venue he chosen is in Oxfordshire, it will then only work out an hour from his girlfriends lodgings, a hour and half less travelling and he has had to book a holiday from work for it lol.

Comment

• Re: Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                      it will then only work out an hour from his girlfriends lodgings,
                      And how long if she has to walk in front carrying a red flag?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        And how long if she has to walk in front carrying a red flag?

LMAO that would suit her actually PMSL.

Comment

Its the countdown to his speed awareness for AATech young driver course.........Monday 28th, be there for 15 mins earlier and it starts at 11:45 am for 2 and a half hours, then when that's completed he has to do 5 modules online, leave at least 4 days between them but to be completed by 28 days after the awareness course.

If he does not complete the online modules they will fail and will be sending the fine of £60 and points!
                          These modules take about 30 mins each time!

Comment

Glad that it got sorted (ish).

Comment

It's better than him getting the points (and increased insurance) Di
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you my lovelies and yes I totally agree. xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X