GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Acne Medication advice??? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acne Medication advice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen_br
    replied
    Re: Acne Medication advice???

Anytime I should have been a doctor

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
    Di they are better for your face becuase they contour and dont nip, they are less likely for ingrown hairs which contribute to acne.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...RIC+SHAVER.htm

Less then half price this week along with this one:

Super thank you so much again Jen x

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

Di they are better for your face becuase they contour and dont nip, they are less likely for ingrown hairs which contribute to acne.

Less then half price this week along with this one:

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Yeah how is he shaving with razor or electric? they say the electric like the circle one is beetter and shave using a moisturizer like nivea sensitive.

Hi Jen

It's electric, but not the circular one, will pick one up this week for him, thank you x

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

Yeah how is he shaving with razor or electric? they say the electric like the circle one is beetter and shave using a moisturizer like nivea sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• overspender
    replied

My friend did roaccutane apart from severe and i mean severe dry skin (cracked Lips hair breakage) during the treatment it worked amazingly she had a spotty back too, not a spot to be seen 12 years on she looks amazing.

Good Luck x

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Well the NHS referral will mean they pay for it. but otherwise you can find a place that does it.

Cheers Jen.

Mind you I really don't think he has deep scarring as such, a little but he does have stubble, so I assume stubble then shaving could also aggrivate the acne as well?

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

Well the NHS referral will mean they pay for it. but otherwise you can find a place that does it.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Yeah its not a miracle im afraid. you can ask the GP to go to some micro Derm. where they help with scars etc.

That sounds interesting Jen, I take it that's s referral isn't it?
    Cheers x

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

Yeah its not a miracle im afraid. you can ask the GP to go to some micro Derm. where they help with scars etc.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Thank you Clueless and Jen.

And sorry you're lovely daughter went through the same issues as well Clueless, and wonderful that she now has 2 beautiful healthy boys, bless.

Yes Jen the GP had already told him, but my son expects to have a magic wand lol, still at his coming appointment I do think the doctor will try to reassure him, he is generally a very good GP and with it being the first time he was passed on from the nurse to him almost 2 and a half months ago, I'm sure the GP will also find an improvement, I know myself and others here have.

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

His GP REALLY should have explained that its going to look worse before it gets better

Leave a comment:

• clueless24
    replied

Hi Di
    Just thought I would add that my daughter was prescibed Roaccutane about 12 years ago, having tried everything else. There were issues around getting pregnant and she and I had to sign a form agreeing to an abortion if she fell pregnant such are the deformaties the medication would cause. She was 15 at the time so not that greater issue for her (she was a good girl) Obviously not relevent for your son.
    I know the heartache and distress acne can cause so feel for your son. The medication worked for my daughter with no side effects, she now has 2 beautiful healthy boys. It may not be for everyone, I would say try everything else first and then consider the pro's and con's of the medication. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

I agree Diddly.

He may have special needs, but he is so persistant, I was telling him about this last night and he said "not everyone's the same" so I have going to make sure he has a read of this today.

I for one since dad was too many meds am very wary of them all, back some weeks ago I was prescribed 30/500mg co codamol and I taken them back and managed on low dose paracetomol for the pain and some movelat rub.

In my opinion though I see improvement with the latest meds he has been prescribed but he cannot see it.
    I'm the GP will say the same as me too.......hopefully anyway.

Leave a comment:

• diddlydee
    replied

The possible side effects of Accutane would be enough to put me off it - let him see the list and he'll hopefully change his mind http://www.acne.org/accutane-side-effects.html

I had a contraceptive pill to help me when I was younger as it works on the hormones; not sure if there is a male "hormone type" equivalent?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X