GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script youngest moved out today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

youngest moved out today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: youngest moved out today

PS , hope all you mums have a wonderful day too, thank you so much for the love and concern . It's good to have a moan and i pity those who read my moans lol xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17026[/ATTACH]
      Do you put the crucifix in a drawer when you indulge in "naughties", or don't you mind Our Lord watching? blank

Comment

Once a Catholic......

Not naughties if for the procreation of children, in the dark and without any enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Do you put the crucifix in a drawer when you indulge in "naughties", or don't you mind Our Lord watching? blank

no we leave it there , we don't mind the Lord watching he has seen it all

Comment

So who deleted the leper joke?

Comment

Me. Please keep things relevant.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Son is speaking again now and brings his girlfriend here , we speak and are pleasant but it isn't nice lol . Son is controlled by her . It was my birthday a few days back and I didn't receive a card or a phone call from him , but she did send me a pm on facebook saying happy birthday and that my son forgot , but its really funny because my birthday is 1st Sep and my mum's is the 2nd and yet he remember hers and phoned her . It hurts a lot because i remember all birthdays and go out of my way to make them nice .

The other thing is this , we have noticed a pattern forming . At the end of each month my son phones his dad to ask if he and his girlfriend can stay over for a week as some sort of event has happened at her mums and they need to be out of the house , when they stay over he doesn't offer any money towards food or to help with gas and electric and we're not greedy parents he lived rent free here as he was on a low wage , but we would appreciate even £20 towards gas and electric .

Last week his girlfriend was looking on facebook and said they needed to buy a birthday card and present for a friend and yet i received nothing

Also they went to 'the range' and bought £30 worth of rabbit and dog food , she brings her four rabbits here when they stay so my garden is full of rabbit droppings when they leave .

Hubby said today that next time our son phones him to stay he is going to tell him no ,not sure what excuse he will tell him not that he needs one but we just feel we are being used here .

Looking on a the bright side of life , eldest son wants us to go to Rhodes next May with them and we're going to use some of the money my dad gave us to pay the deposit .

Comment

Make sure that he says 'no', but why the excuse? The problem with inventing an excuse is you have to remember it. Perhaps you can just say it is inconvenient, as you are unable to have the rabbits in the garden or contact with their fur, ie his girlfriend, as you think you have developed an allergy to them, as you have noticed that after each visit you are unwell. Who eats the dog food?

End of the month, run out of money? Play the game, beans on toast, homemade soup and bread, rice and fried egg. When he asks why, say you have always to cut back the end of the month and when you have unexpected expenses. He may consider living off you his birth right, as you always provide.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                    Make sure that he says 'no', but why the excuse? The problem with inventing an excuse is you have to remember it. Perhaps you can just say it is inconvenient, as you are unable to have the rabbits in the garden or contact with their fur, ie his girlfriend, as you think you have developed an allergy to them, as you have noticed that after each visit you are unwell. Who eats the dog food?

End of the month, run out of money? Play the game, beans on toast, homemade soup and bread, rice and fried egg. When he asks why, say you have always to cut back the end of the month and when you have unexpected expenses. He may consider living off you his birth right, as you always provide.

You make good points , and in fact my husband does have an allergy to fur as we have two cats but not sure if rabbit fur is different but we could make that excuse as my husband gets repeat prescriptions from the doctor for his allergy so we could say the doctor suspects his allergy is worse because of the rabbits .

Comment

Just like a Rubber Ball = Comes Bouncing Back To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well my son lives an hour away from us , so two weeks ago we arranged to meet up with him and his girlfriend , they were 45 minutes late , we wondered around the shops and it was hinted more than once that they would appreciate a cup of coffee and a burger , we didn't have much money and told them we wouldn't be having anything .

As we were wondering around the shops his girlfriend pointed to some big Christmas gift bags which they had bought for her best friends kids and I casually asked whether they were buying for my grandson 3 years old , there was no answer so i asked again and the answer was NO . Well when we got home i text my son and asked why he wasn't buying for his only nephew and i got a reply saying . Don't be rude it has nothing to do with you and if my finances are all you're bothered about then i don't want you in my life , so i just text back and said , i don't think a simple question is rude i didn't ask anything about your financial situation but if you're being like this then no problem .

I then went on facebook and noticed that his girlfriend had blocked me although she wasn't a friend she just used chat to ask me things lol .

Well i just think i will leave my son to it now he seems to be controlled by this girl and he has to find out the hard way .

What a Merry Christmas present that was .

Comment

I am so sorry that you have been hit with this. You seem to have made every effort. Perhaps your son is now financially dependent on his girlfriend and embarrassed.

It is in the same vein that my parents took care of certain grandchildren when their parents worked, wanted a night out or went away and now those families do not visit my mum, but are constantly 4 miles away with the in-laws, without even dropping in on my mother when they have made the 100 mile trip to visit them. Then last week they posted the link to that German Christmas video. No brains, no thought!

Comment

I am so sorry that you have been hit with this. You seem to have made every effort. Perhaps your son is now financially dependent on his girlfriend and embarrassed.

It is in the same vein that my parents took care of certain grandchildren when their parents worked, wanted a night out or went away and now those families do not visit my mum, but are constantly 4 miles away with the in-laws, without even dropping in on my mother when they have made the 100 mile trip to visit them. Then last week they posted the link to that German Christmas video. No brains, no thought!

She is dependent on him he earns £1000 a month and they never have any money so they say . I haven't seen the video No brains , no thought .
                            On top all this my dad is really not good he has deteriorated so fast , put it this way yesterday me and my hubby had to shampoo the bedroom carpet , its heart breaking to see .I feel quite down today as seeing my dad so ill at 80 with Parkinson's scares me , old age doesn't look much fun .

Comment

Received a text tonight from my son telling me that every time he sees a text from me his stomach churns, he doesn't love me but loves his father and i stop him having a relationship with him , i only wanted to meet up a few weeks back to secure a xmas present from him for my grandson , he doesn't want anything to do with me and it will break his heart not to be able to see his father but he want's me out of his life as i get on his nerves and cause him upset .
                              Then he told me that he is going to block me from his phone and to let him and his girlfriend live their life and we should live ours.

This is from the ungrateful little bastard that i nearly died giving life to , 36 hours i was in labour with him and he hates me ?

ps so sorry for my language on this post i was very upset at the time
                              Last edited by Spent2much; 22 December 2015, 21:32.

Comment

A painful situation probably because of pecuniary embarrassment. £1000 is not a lot after tax, NI, rent and utilities when he thinks he should be on holiday, out with mates etc. Whereas you and his sibling(s) have..... whether true or not. He cannot afford a child even if he wanted one etc. etc.

He is acting like a 2 year old. Treat him like one. Ignore him until he gets over the tantrum.

I, personally, would forget you received any texts. If you have his address, send him nice Christmas Card with a brief Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year Love Mum and Dad xxxxxx. Then, enjoy your grandson and the rest of Christmas. Don't cut any ties and he will eventually see sense. I would also not tell the rest of the family about the episode, but tell them if they ask that you saw him last week, he was well and will be doing his own thing over Christmas. If they then contact him, he cannot blame you for anything else, and will see how nasty he has been (hopefully).

Comment

Working...
                                X