GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How many texts are too many? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many texts are too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many texts are too many?

Good luck with this Kilasuit - it's tough - and I think the guys have already said the kind of things I would normally say....

at least you know you have a place to come and let off steam and chat things over

The main thing is to talk this over with her and stay calm and see what she says.

take care
    LL
    x

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
      I had seen some messages back feb march time and confronted her then as they all implied that something had happened

Also before that another lad in September last year too. And she's been messaging him since then even after telling me she had stopped it.

So yeah Monday I think I'm telling her I go to council for housing advice
      Sounds like you already know what your lady is capable of. The question you need to ask yourself is..... do you want to live the rest of your life like this, with a person who behaves like this?

Working hours on end or not is no excuse for a partner to mess around (flirting. texting, sexting or otherwise) to get attention from other men.... but for some people out there, it's acceptable to treat a partner like that. It isn't. You've already had conversations about the same behaviour in the past, she has already dallied with the same man in the past.... and now there's another one on the scene.....

IMO, she's playing mind games with you..... and one way or another, it needs to get sorted for your own sanity.
      Last edited by PriorityOne; 1 July 2012, 10:29.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So yeah Monday I think I'm telling her I go to council for housing advice
        So you're not fully decided then. Good. You need to be open minded at times like these. Why do this on Monday, and why not Tuesday or Wednesday; because the step you're about to take could be one of the biggest you will ever make in your whole life. Don't take it lightly.

One question to ask yourself is are you really tired of your girlfriend, or simply tired of family life, and so want to cut and run to be a singleton again?

I know a judge who says he would love to change the law so that couples with children under three years wouldn't be granted a divorce because even the cutest little kids can put a stain on any relationship with their relentless demands. You're 22 and she's 18 and from what you say you've been a terrific bloke who's stood by her through thick and thin since she was pregnant at 16. Good for you

I had my first child at 36 years old. By then I'd been round the world more times than Richard Branson. I had done everything and was happy to settle down and start a family. I wasn't 'free' again until nearly 60 Other mates of mine had their kids young and were 'free' again at 40. Lucky buggers. I think age is an issue here as much as everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

One question to ask yourself is are you really tired of your girlfriend, or simply tired of family life, and so want to cut and run to be a singleton again?
          I'm not sure Kilasuit has ever said he's tired of family life, or that he wanted to cut and run. He's simply questioning his girlfriend's behaviour and has every right to do that. It's despicable....

They are meant to be in a relationship.... and in a relationship, you don't spend your time sending numerous texts to different men for any reason at all..... not in my book anyway.

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thing is I'm sorta seeing this as yet more reasoning to be making a complete fresh start.
            Kinda hard not to.
            Money problems then work issues that lead to more work issues and then housing too. And now this. Think it may be best to boot lot into touch and make a fresh start.
            Get a career not a min wage job.
            Get the money together to afford my own place (none of this renting milarke)
            Get out of the dump of a town I'm in. I can't remember last time I heard anything good being said about me except by ex-colleagues and ex-managers.
            The town is full of backstabbing jerks. Always looking to get 1 up on you no matter the consequences.
            ^^^^

Comment

I agree with you P1.

Kilasuit stood by his girlfriend when she got pregnant when a lot of 20year old lads would have cut and run.

He's always struck me as level-headed and mature and it would seem that he wants the family life. However, family life shouldn't include his girlfriend texting, let alone seeing, other blokes. I think it's the girlfriend who's tired of family life and not being "free", as you put it PlanB.

There's only so much a person, male or female, can put up with from their partner and I think kilasuit's girlfriend has gone way beyond that with her behaviour.

It is NEVER a good idea for couples to stay together for the sake of the children. Yes, babies and toddlers are demanding but so are teenagers and all the ages inbetween! Yes, ideally, children will have 2 parents who live with them as a happy family but that's not always possible. Children can still grow up into well-adjusted adults even if their parents split up.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Please don't do this Kilasuit

Maybe take a temporary break from each other and see who misses who and so rethinks their behaviour and lifestyle

Comment

Kilasuit - I have re-read and re-read this thread I mean this is your life we are talking about here

You were both very young when you entered into this family unit and its completely normal for things to start turning especially when the stats are stacked against you.

I won't defend what she has done but I get it... Its hard being a young mum, being with the same person for so long etc... sometimes a lil flirt or compliment goes a long way -- im not condoning it but I understand.

It sounds like you both have some growing up to do -- if you choose to leave or to stay I think in your heart you know the answer. Let's face it mate I hate to say it but you didn't just check the phone bills for a money saving excersize as most plans come with unlimited even as a low amount. Part of you had a thought or an inkling.

Your hurt, your ego is bruised and you feel shitty! So just think long and hard and don't do anything irrational - this woman will be in your life forever remember that the more awkward you make it now the harder life will become.

Act like an adult and try to do it amicable

Comment

Killasuit Mate, the wisdom of the world is here. Most of us on here have more than a few miles on the clock. Trust me we have all been through the mill. Now regardless of your situation there is a child to consider. I will lay my cards out I'm a middle aged bloke who never had one of his own. When having an argument with my Druggy stepson he said you may have done everything but you never filled a pram.

Now what you do is really your decision, go or stay. I don't think anything I say will have any effect on what you decide. But consider the child.

2 of my stepsons have kids, who have or will grow up to be total chav's. They have all been indoctrinated to believe that their Fathers are a total waste of space. Both of them should have gone for full custody, but that would have ruined their plans.

Now they get little or no access they bitterly regret not stepping up to the mark earlier.

I know from reading your posts you love your wee one. And I know you are a hard working responsible young bloke. If I could take on an apprentice you would be on the short list as there is more to life than burger flipping.

Please listen to what Jen and Plan B say really think this through before you do anything daft. Use your head and not your heart. I don't know what sort of Mum your girl will be on her own? But make sure the child comes first in any decision you make.

At the end of the day your 50% responsible for bringing the child into this world and when you have kids their need take over any thing you may need until they are of age.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I don't mean to be. I have been a total twat in my life and have both wronged and been wronged.

Fingers crossed that you can work things out.

Regards, Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I suppose it'd do no harm either, to click one of those spam emails you probably get about the blue pill.....

* sorreeeee
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        I suppose it'd do no harm either, to click one of those spam emails you probably get about the blue pill.....

* sorreeeee
                        No need mate all they would do these days is stop me rolling out bed
                        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

If either of you two old farts need some help I have a website link

Kila, I speak from experience, there is never a good time to do it, and to be honest the longer you leave it (if you are sure that it is the right thing for you) the worse it is and the more you will regret not having done it before.
                          You really do have to think of yourself because no one else will

Comment

Working...
                          X