GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Import "Gift" tax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import "Gift" tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Import "Gift" tax

LOL, well as I got through the postie came and I had an email as well, but only just checked them, the full cost is £147.19.
    this is made up of: Import VAT @ £139.19 & Clearance fee @ £8.00 to give the above total.
    I am going to collect it.

Thank you folks lol.

Meanwhile here is the email I received........

Dear
    Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that your parcel has not yet been delivered. In this instance, we have not delivered your parcel because a Customs charge and clearance fee payment is required of £147.19 before it can be released for delivery.

When a parcel enters the UK it may be subject, as in this case, to duty charges from UK Border agency. It is normal practice that recipients are sent a letter to advise of these charges and how the charges can be paid. This letter provides the recipient with a unique 17-digit reference number that must be quoted to allow us to take payment for the charges and release the parcel for delivery.

If you have received this letter with the 17-digit number, you can pay your charges online at www.parcelforce.com and click the “receiving a parcel” tab. Alternatively you can call us on 08448 004466 to pay your charges. Once your charges have been paid, the parcel will delivered to the original address on the parcel on the day selected.

Alternatively, you can also visit your local depot with the letter, pay the charges and take your parcel home the same day. To do this, you will need to take some photo ID with you. I would recommend that you contact the depot in advance of doing this.

Parcelforce Worldwide
    Unit 21
    Maesglas Industrial Estate
    NEWPORT
    NP20 2NN

Telephone: 0844 2096136

From the tracking number that you have provided, I can see that the parcel arrived in the UK on the 13.03.2013. If you have not received a letter 7 days after this date advising of the Customs charges, please contact your local depot on the above 0844 number. You will need the parcel tracking number and confirmation of the recipient's address, along with a contact name and telephone number.

Please accept my apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require any further information or assistance, please reply to this email showing all conversations we have had on this enquiry.

Our hours of business are Mon to Fri: 8am to 5:30pm.

Kind regards

Parcelforce Worldwide
    Customer Service Email Team

Comment

oh Dear Di

hear is hoping that its still cheaper than if bought in the UK, (a bit of B***h when something like that is sent to the UK). Also hope that its ALL OK and in good order too

Sorry to hear Di
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I did try 3 times yesterday from house phone and moby cos even house phone was losing charge, didnt wait long this morning though, then all the answers arrived at the same time lol.

Comment

ah what a bummer
          Still on the bright side, you can have a Macbook Pro for £100
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's the way I'm looking at it, (a top of the range lappy for my boy), and still ever so grateful
            I know they cost quite a bit, not something I could afford to buy myself.

(the family in the USA, when they come to stay in UK I make sure they do not pay a penny while here) and I take it this is how they want to repay their stay, I did not expect it though, was sort of OMG when they let me know

Comment

Awww that's a lovely thing for them to do. Painful about the fees though

You'll need to check the power plug if it's a US one but should be able to get a cheap replacement on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                Awww that's a lovely thing for them to do. Painful about the fees though

You'll need to check the power plug if it's a US one but should be able to get a cheap replacement on ebay.
                Thanks hun x

Yes that did enter my mind, and I have several kinds here, but not sure if it will be the same kind to use, otherwise yes will have a nose ebay etc, thank you. x

Comment

Glad to see you got it sorted Di
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Rang the dept again and said I shall be there first thing tomorrow, too much going on today. As they like to know if you plan to collect it.

Comment

WOW, WOW and WOW!!!!

The mac book is out of this world!!!!

The cable they also put in as well, they put in the one that you can change and use for UK, US/Aus, Europe!!!

For that I certainly cannot grumble about the charges, but at least we know now too how it works!!

My son is overjoyed!!!

Thank you all for your help and postings xxxx

Comment

Well jel.....

Comment

Awww that's ace Di, I'm jealous too!!!

Comment

LOL it's lush, but my son won't let me have a go LOl, can't say I blame him though lol x

Comment

Working...
                            X