GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Import "Gift" tax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import "Gift" tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Import "Gift" tax

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    No not fake.....just made in Hong Kong
    lol, so "very nice for you please"
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I bitch slap you wumman....
      Yeah yeah!

Originally posted by missy View Post
      lol. Are you saying Rolex+Asia=Fake
      Hmmm, perhaps!

Tell you what, I'll do you a big favour. Send it to me (complete with certification) I'll check it out and let you know. Can't say fairer than that!

On the subject of customs import tax, the only time I ever had such a problem was when I bought ciggies online (I know, I know!). The letter came from customs themselves saying that the goods has been confiscated... I'd be surprised if it got as far as Royal Mail if duties were required?
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
        The letter came from customs themselves saying that the goods has been confiscated.
        I wonder how many people working for Customs actually buy their own fags!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Okay, yes it is with Parcel force and held with them, i put in the tracking number and the parcel is held in the next town from me, a few miles away..........

19-03-201308:53Newport DepotAwaiting payment of charges18-03-

201323:59Newport DepotReceived at delivery depot18-03

-201311:29National HubReceived and processed18-03

-201305:03International HubForwarded for UK processing18-03

-201304:23International HubRevised charges to be paid14-03

-201323:50International HubAwaiting Customs Charging13-03

-201309:19International HubAwaiting Customs clearance13-03

-201309:18International HubAwaiting Customs clearance13-03

-201309:17International HubReceived in destination country08-03

-201316:00Delivery Agent - CHICAGOForwarded for export08-03

-201315:40Delivery Agent - CHICAGOForwarded for export07-03

-201315:01Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICACollected from customer

Comment

I'd try ringing them to see if you can go collect?
            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
              I'd try ringing them to see if you can go collect?
              Cheers ;-) in the queue now, wish they would hurry lol.

I just hope that is all I have to pay though

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Okay, yes it is with Parcel force and held with them, i put in the tracking number and the parcel is held in the next town from me, a few miles away..........

19-03-201308:53Newport DepotAwaiting payment of charges18-03-

201323:59
                That will be charges, possibly the standard £13 charge for handling imports.... lets hope that's all it is eh?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  That will be charges, possibly the standard £13 charge for handling imports.... lets hope that's all it is eh?

Cheers Nids, fingers crossed.

So in the most recent tracking details (a few posts away) I note it says on the 13th March awaiting custom charges, and I take it these charges would be for carriage then as they would not pay for the duty charges etc??

Then on the 14th is says charges to be paid, it must have been paid, so I pay for these charges to come then?

Comment

ring and ask....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Laptops are import duty free Di

It'll just be the International handling charges I would think

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Laptops are import duty free Di

It'll just be the International handling charges I would think
                        so £13/£15 or so

Comment

I just had to pay extra for some tablets I got from USA (antibiotics for my fish pond)
                          Zero tax and excise duty
                          £3.59 VAT
                          £8.00 Royal Mail International Handling fee
                          Total £11.59

Comment

It wasnt a Rolex he bought .... that was a mis type (or maybe a mis-read)

It was a Folex......

Comment

Thank you Elsa.

I did not manage to wait to get through, it was busy, was going to ring again but mum rang me to let me know that my autistic brother been taken into hospital, so i couldnt concentrate then .

So I take it, if laptop duty is not included, would I be liable for the import VAT, and handling/delivery etc?

I've left them an email, but I expect the letter will arrive before they get back to me this way now.

thanks again x

Comment

WOW!!! the laptop they are sending my son is an Apple Mac Pro Air!!! The new one's out now! 13inch!

Now if that was chargeable on the duty, goodness knows what the charges would be??? Scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X